Happy Hump Day, everyone. Before we start, make sure to check out the Sports Illustrated story on Syracuse legend Jim Brown by Tim Layden. It is definitely worth the investment of your time. On to today’s recruiting links…
2017 outside linebacker Tyshon Fogg is looking to take another visit to Syracuse, according to Rivals.com’s Brynn Foley. Fogg has offers from Clemson, Duke, Maryland, Michigan State and North Carolina, among others. He had previously visited SU over the summer.
Scout.com’s Ben Sigel writes that 2017 PG Quade Green will attend Orange Madness on Friday. It will be Green’s third visit to Syracuse in the last two months. Green is a four-star recruit that holds offers from Maryland, Providence, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Villanova, among others.
The Chris Clark excitement around Syracuse is continuing to grow. The No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015 is down to Syracuse and Pitt, and recently took a visit to SU. He details that visit with Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. “It was really good, really good,” Clark said.
Rivals.com released a highlight video of Jordan Tucker from this summer. The 2017 four-star wing has offers from a slew of high-majors, including Syracuse, Arizona State, Oklahoma, UConn, Villanova, St. John’s, Maryland, Indiana, Miami, Alabama and Oregon.
Tony Butler, a 2016 defensive back from St. Edward (Ohio), released his top six on Twitter on Monday. On the list included Rutgers, Arizona State, Clemson, West Virginia, Minnesota and Syracuse. He’s rated a 3-star prospect by 24/7 Sports.
Elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval released his latest blog entry with USA Today on Tuesday. He has no shortage of high-major offers, which includes Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Kansas, North Carolina, and Arizona. “It’s like a dream come true to be in this position,” he writes.
That’s all for today. One last shoutout goes to the field hockey team, who is No. 1 for the first time since 2012. Great work, ladies!
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017