Happy Tuesday everyone. If you’ll be down in South Florida this weekend for the SU football game, make sure not to wear white, lest you blend into the crowd. Let’s get to the recruiting links…
Louisiana quarterback Lindsey Scott committed to Syracuse on Monday afternoon, he announced on Twitter. Offensive coordinator Tim Lester used his bye week to visit Scott, who is 6’0″, 205 pounds and is listed as a dual-threat QB. Scott also held offers from Navy, Air Force, Harvard, Arkansas State and New Mexico State according to 247 Sports. “When it comes to football, it reminds me a lot of Zachary,” Scott said to The Times-Picayune’s Jerit Roser.
2017 defensive end Luiji Vilain is being pursued by Syracuse, writes Scout.com’s Sam Hellman. Other schools in consideration early on include Penn State, Wisconsin and Rutgers. Vilain mentions that he’s visited Syracuse a few times since he’s fairly close by.
2016 three-star JUCO defensive back Devron Davis is on the verge of trimming his list of schools to five, he tweeted on Monday morning. Davis picked up an offer from Syracuse in September, and also holds offers from many high-majors, including Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Oregon according to Scout.com.
Looking far into the future, 2019 Cheshire Academy (Conn.) quarterback Josh Comune is showing interest in Syracuse. He tweeted on Monday morning that he was looking forward to future visits to Syracuse. According to 24/7 Sports, Comune has interest from Boston College, North Carolina, Rutgers and the Orange.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister sat down with Syracuse football Direct of Recruiting Eric White to discuss the impact of SU’s performance in the LSU game on recruiting. Needless to say, it’s certainly helped. That LSU game was huge for us to show that we can compete with anybody,” White said.
McAllister also reports that the No. 1 TE in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, will be heading to Syracuse again to watch the Orange in action against Pitt on Oct. 24. Clark just finished a visit to Syracuse earlier in the week and will be at Pittsburgh this weekend. He’s whittled his list down to the Orange and the Panthers.
That’s all for today. See you all tomorrow.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016