Happy Tuesday everyone. If you’ll be down in South Florida this weekend for the SU football game, make sure not to wear white, lest you blend into the crowd. Let’s get to the recruiting links…
Louisiana quarterback Lindsey Scott committed to Syracuse on Monday afternoon, he announced on Twitter. Offensive coordinator Tim Lester used his bye week to visit Scott, who is 6’0″, 205 pounds and is listed as a dual-threat QB. Scott also held offers from Navy, Air Force, Harvard, Arkansas State and New Mexico State according to 247 Sports. “When it comes to football, it reminds me a lot of Zachary,” Scott said to The Times-Picayune’s Jerit Roser.
2017 defensive end Luiji Vilain is being pursued by Syracuse, writes Scout.com’s Sam Hellman. Other schools in consideration early on include Penn State, Wisconsin and Rutgers. Vilain mentions that he’s visited Syracuse a few times since he’s fairly close by.
2016 three-star JUCO defensive back Devron Davis is on the verge of trimming his list of schools to five, he tweeted on Monday morning. Davis picked up an offer from Syracuse in September, and also holds offers from many high-majors, including Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Oregon according to Scout.com.
Looking far into the future, 2019 Cheshire Academy (Conn.) quarterback Josh Comune is showing interest in Syracuse. He tweeted on Monday morning that he was looking forward to future visits to Syracuse. According to 24/7 Sports, Comune has interest from Boston College, North Carolina, Rutgers and the Orange.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister sat down with Syracuse football Direct of Recruiting Eric White to discuss the impact of SU’s performance in the LSU game on recruiting. Needless to say, it’s certainly helped. That LSU game was huge for us to show that we can compete with anybody,” White said.
McAllister also reports that the No. 1 TE in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, will be heading to Syracuse again to watch the Orange in action against Pitt on Oct. 24. Clark just finished a visit to Syracuse earlier in the week and will be at Pittsburgh this weekend. He’s whittled his list down to the Orange and the Panthers.
That’s all for today. See you all tomorrow.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017