Happy Tuesday everyone. If you’ll be down in South Florida this weekend for the SU football game, make sure not to wear white, lest you blend into the crowd. Let’s get to the recruiting links…
Louisiana quarterback Lindsey Scott committed to Syracuse on Monday afternoon, he announced on Twitter. Offensive coordinator Tim Lester used his bye week to visit Scott, who is 6’0″, 205 pounds and is listed as a dual-threat QB. Scott also held offers from Navy, Air Force, Harvard, Arkansas State and New Mexico State according to 247 Sports. “When it comes to football, it reminds me a lot of Zachary,” Scott said to The Times-Picayune’s Jerit Roser.
2017 defensive end Luiji Vilain is being pursued by Syracuse, writes Scout.com’s Sam Hellman. Other schools in consideration early on include Penn State, Wisconsin and Rutgers. Vilain mentions that he’s visited Syracuse a few times since he’s fairly close by.
2016 three-star JUCO defensive back Devron Davis is on the verge of trimming his list of schools to five, he tweeted on Monday morning. Davis picked up an offer from Syracuse in September, and also holds offers from many high-majors, including Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Oregon according to Scout.com.
Looking far into the future, 2019 Cheshire Academy (Conn.) quarterback Josh Comune is showing interest in Syracuse. He tweeted on Monday morning that he was looking forward to future visits to Syracuse. According to 24/7 Sports, Comune has interest from Boston College, North Carolina, Rutgers and the Orange.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister sat down with Syracuse football Direct of Recruiting Eric White to discuss the impact of SU’s performance in the LSU game on recruiting. Needless to say, it’s certainly helped. That LSU game was huge for us to show that we can compete with anybody,” White said.
McAllister also reports that the No. 1 TE in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, will be heading to Syracuse again to watch the Orange in action against Pitt on Oct. 24. Clark just finished a visit to Syracuse earlier in the week and will be at Pittsburgh this weekend. He’s whittled his list down to the Orange and the Panthers.
That’s all for today. See you all tomorrow.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 78, Duke 75 - February 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 65, Georgia Tech 71 - February 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Louisville 76 (OT) - February 13, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Clemson 81 - February 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Virginia 62 - February 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 100, NC State 93 OT - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse announces 2017 class - February 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 82, Florida State 72 - January 28, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Wake Forest 76 - January 24, 2017
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017