Welcome to a brand new week, and might I say, you all look great today. What prompted this? National Do Something Nice Day, of course. On to today’s recruiting links…
The No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, has whittled his list down to Syracuse and Pittsburgh, reports Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Clark, from New Jersey, committed to UCLA, but left shortly after the season began and was granted his release in September.
Scout.com’s Corey Bender writes that Syracuse offered four-star defensive end Jonathan Ford from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) on Friday. The 6’4″, 260 pound defensive end is the 176th overall recruit in the 2017 class, and holds offers from Miami, Florida State, Ohio State and South Carolina, among others.
Syracuse watched Tennessee quarterback Zack Weatherly throw late last week, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. The 2016 signal caller is currently committed to Chattanooga, holds offers from Illinois State, Appalachian State and San Diego State, among others. Rivals.com rates him as a two-star prospect.
Aside from Weather, the Orange also looked at Louisiana prospect Lindsey Scott, writes Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. Scott has offers from Navy, Air Force, Harvard, Arkansas State and New Mexico State. “I first was contacted by Coach Lester a couple weeks ago,” Scott said. “We’ve talked on the phone and I’ve also talked to the head coach.”
2017 QB Hendon Hooker tweeted on Friday that he had received an offer from NC State. That adds to his list of offers, which includes Syracuse, Clemson, ECU and Army. Hooker is the 25th ranked quarterback in his class.
MadeHoops.com’s Pat Lawless writes that Maryland and Arizona are the two schools coming hardest at elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval. “I have about thirty offers at this point in time so I will obviously have to cut it down eventually,” Duval said. One of those 30 or so offers comes from Syracuse.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone!
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017