Welcome to a brand new week, and might I say, you all look great today. What prompted this? National Do Something Nice Day, of course. On to today’s recruiting links…
The No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, has whittled his list down to Syracuse and Pittsburgh, reports Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Clark, from New Jersey, committed to UCLA, but left shortly after the season began and was granted his release in September.
Scout.com’s Corey Bender writes that Syracuse offered four-star defensive end Jonathan Ford from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) on Friday. The 6’4″, 260 pound defensive end is the 176th overall recruit in the 2017 class, and holds offers from Miami, Florida State, Ohio State and South Carolina, among others.
Syracuse watched Tennessee quarterback Zack Weatherly throw late last week, reports Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. The 2016 signal caller is currently committed to Chattanooga, holds offers from Illinois State, Appalachian State and San Diego State, among others. Rivals.com rates him as a two-star prospect.
Aside from Weather, the Orange also looked at Louisiana prospect Lindsey Scott, writes Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. Scott has offers from Navy, Air Force, Harvard, Arkansas State and New Mexico State. “I first was contacted by Coach Lester a couple weeks ago,” Scott said. “We’ve talked on the phone and I’ve also talked to the head coach.”
2017 QB Hendon Hooker tweeted on Friday that he had received an offer from NC State. That adds to his list of offers, which includes Syracuse, Clemson, ECU and Army. Hooker is the 25th ranked quarterback in his class.
MadeHoops.com’s Pat Lawless writes that Maryland and Arizona are the two schools coming hardest at elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval. “I have about thirty offers at this point in time so I will obviously have to cut it down eventually,” Duval said. One of those 30 or so offers comes from Syracuse.
That’s all for today. Have a great start to your week, everyone!
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017