Before getting to the recruiting world for today, here’s a cool stat from Zack Mahoney’s performance against LSU on Saturday. He is just the third Syracuse QB to throw for three touchdowns against a top 10 team. The other two? Ryan Nassib in 2012 against Louisville, and Don McPherson in 1987 against Penn State. Pretty good company! On to today’s links…
2018 Christ The King (NY) defensive back Jarrett Paul will take a visit to Syracuse on Nov. 14 for the Clemson game, he tweeted. He will also take visits to Rutgers and UConn. According to 24/7 Sports, other schools involved in Paul’s recruitment include Maryland, ODU, USC, Virginia and Villanova.
Speaking of visits, Syracuse will get one from 2016 defensive end Amir Watts, writes Scout.com’s Mike McAllister. His official visit will come from Dec. 11 to 13. Watts originally committed to Western Michigan, but Watts reopened his commitment over the summer.
Scout.com’s Michael Clarke catches up with 2017 QB Hendon Hooker, who specifically mentions Syracuse as a school he’s been hearing from. Aside from the Orange, Hooker has offers from Clemson, ECU and Army. Other schools who have shown interest include Florida State, West Virgnia and Ohio State. Hooker is the 25th ranked quarterback in his class.
2016 three-star receiver Kolton Huber committed to the University of Pennsylvania, he announced on his Twitter feed Monday morning. The 6’1″ 190 pound prospect from Jersey City had several offers from FBS schools, including Connecticut, Kansas and Syracuse, but ultimately decided he wanted to attend The Wharton School of Business, writes NJ Media’s Braulio Perez.
2016 offensive tackle Noel Brouse feels “100 percent” comfortable with his commitment to Syracuse, writes The Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson. Brouse was on hand for SU’s game against Central Michigan, but that was nothing compared to the energy of Syracuse’s game against LSU. “It was a cool experience to see, like wow LSU is a powerhouse team out there and Syracuse hung with them,” Brouse said.
Elite 5-star point guard Trevon Duval recently competed in the UA All-America game, and Rivals.com posted highlights of his performance. Duval is a top priority target for Syracuse, but there are plenty of other schools involved including Arizona, UCLA, California, Louisville St. John’s and Villanova.
2016 4-star center Taurean Thompson recaps his visit to Syracuse over the past weekend with Scout.com’s Ben Sigel. Thompson met with Syracuse coaches Jim Boeheim and Mike Hopkins, and also had a chance to take in the LSU-Syracuse football game on Saturday. Thompson is also considering Rutgers, SMU and Xavier.
Last note for the day comes from former Syracuse forward Chris McCullough, who will be “redshirted” this season with the Brooklyn Nets. The Nets took him with the 29th pick of the draft, and are going to ease him back into playing shape.
That’s all for today. Have a great day, everyone.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017