What is the greatest University in the world? Syracuse, duh. I did that to celebrate today being National Ask A Stupid Question Day. Here’s another dumb question: What is the worst University? And we all know that it’s Georgetown. On to today’s links…
2017 guard Quade Green enjoyed his unofficial visit to Syracuse, writes Scout.com’s Ben Sigel. Green was originally supposed to visit with teammate Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree, but Cosby-Roundtree was asked to set a different date by the coaching staff. “I liked it a lot,” Green said. He holds offers from Maryland, Providence, Rutgers, Syracuse and Villanova, among others.
Elsewhere in the class of 2017, wing Jordan Tucker took an unofficial visit to St. John’s on Friday, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. “It was good,” he said. “I just went to work out and play.” The 6’7″ forward holds several offers, among them Kansas, Indiana, Arizona, Villanova, Maryland, Syracuse and UConn.
Rivals.com’s Scott Brown says that 3-star 2017 quarterback Jonathan Lewis from St. Peter’s Prep (NJ) has shown interest in Syracuse. The dual threat QB also holds offers from Boston College and Rutgers. Currently, 24/7 Sports has the Crystal Ball in favor of the Eagles.
The football team may have dropped a close game to No. 8 LSU on Saturday, but they may have picked up a couple wins in the recruiting world. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister breaks down some of the tweets that both commits and recruits sent out during the game, which SU lost 34-24. Among them included a glowing quote from Anthony White Jr., a four-star WR from the 2017 class: “Great, guys kept fighting. Syracuse, these are the things I try and tell my soliders when we take the field. Just, no matter what, fight. Even when we’re down.”
Craig Watts, a four-star safety recruit from Admiral Farragut Academy (Fla.) committed to Colorado on Sunday evening, per his Twitter feed. According to 24/7 Sports, Watts had his pick of several high-major offers, including Alabama, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Penn State, Florida State, and of course, Syracuse.
Cocoa (Fla.) four-star cornerback Chauncey Gardner received an offer from Syracuse on Sunday, according to his Twitter feed. Gardner is committed to Florida earlier in the year, and was being recruited by other blue-chip programs including Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame, Miami and LSU.
That’s all for today. Hope you enjoyed your weekend, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016