Before we get to the links for today, it appears the football team is trying inventive methods to gain an advantage ahead of Saturday’s game against LSU. The most recent technique? Defensive backs cruising around campus in Hov-boards, ostensibly to save leg energy. On to today’s recruiting links…
Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree from St. John Neumann (Pa.) speaks to Scout.com’s Billy Embody about his recruitment after he picked up an offer last week from SMU. Cosby-Roundtree specifically mentions Syracuse as a school that he has been in regular contact with, and has interest in. The Orange offered the three-star power forward from the class of 2017 in mid-September. He and teammate Quade Green will visit Syracuse this weekend for the LSU game, reports Scout.com’s Ben Sigel.
Seton Hall assistant coach Shaheen Holloway watched 2016 big man Taurean Thompson on Wednesday, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Thompson currently holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Xavier and Pittsburgh, among others. He will officially visit Syracuse this weekend, according to earlier reports.
Scout.com released its top 25 for the Class of 2018. Names to keep in mind include No. 7 Cameron Reddish and No. 12 Naz Reid. Reddish has drawn interest from Syracuse, but currently only has an offer from Penn State. Reid holds offers from Kansas, Louisville, Oklahoma, Syracuse and Villanova.
In football, Syracuse will host 2018 offensive tackle Chris Bleich this weekend, according to Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Bleich is a 6’5″, 308 pound prospect from Pennsylvania, and holds offers from Syracuse and Rutgers early in his recruiting process. Other schools to show interest include Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Penn State.
Louisville got a commitment on Friday morning from Marietta, Ga., offensive lineman James DeMatto. Dematto, who is 6’4″, 280 pounds, held offers from Louisville, Appalachian State, Georgia State, South Alabama and Syracuse.
The No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, has set three official visits after being granted his release by UCLA earlier in the week. Clark will visit Pittsburgh, Virginia and NC State, all schools that are closer to home, according to Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Clark had an offer from Syracuse in the 2015 cycle.
Former Syracuse commit Robert Washington has started practicing with his new team, East Gaston, writes the Gaston Gazette’s Jack Flagler. Rules require Washington to participate in eight practices with the team before playing in a game, so he won’t make his debut until the following week. “He’s picking it up very quickly,” East Gaston head coach Sean Joyce said. “I think he’s going to be good for us I really do.” Too bad we can’t say the same for Syracuse.
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017