Before we get to the links for today, it appears the football team is trying inventive methods to gain an advantage ahead of Saturday’s game against LSU. The most recent technique? Defensive backs cruising around campus in Hov-boards, ostensibly to save leg energy. On to today’s recruiting links…
Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree from St. John Neumann (Pa.) speaks to Scout.com’s Billy Embody about his recruitment after he picked up an offer last week from SMU. Cosby-Roundtree specifically mentions Syracuse as a school that he has been in regular contact with, and has interest in. The Orange offered the three-star power forward from the class of 2017 in mid-September. He and teammate Quade Green will visit Syracuse this weekend for the LSU game, reports Scout.com’s Ben Sigel.
Seton Hall assistant coach Shaheen Holloway watched 2016 big man Taurean Thompson on Wednesday, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Thompson currently holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Xavier and Pittsburgh, among others. He will officially visit Syracuse this weekend, according to earlier reports.
Scout.com released its top 25 for the Class of 2018. Names to keep in mind include No. 7 Cameron Reddish and No. 12 Naz Reid. Reddish has drawn interest from Syracuse, but currently only has an offer from Penn State. Reid holds offers from Kansas, Louisville, Oklahoma, Syracuse and Villanova.
In football, Syracuse will host 2018 offensive tackle Chris Bleich this weekend, according to Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Bleich is a 6’5″, 308 pound prospect from Pennsylvania, and holds offers from Syracuse and Rutgers early in his recruiting process. Other schools to show interest include Maryland, Michigan State, Notre Dame and Penn State.
Louisville got a commitment on Friday morning from Marietta, Ga., offensive lineman James DeMatto. Dematto, who is 6’4″, 280 pounds, held offers from Louisville, Appalachian State, Georgia State, South Alabama and Syracuse.
The No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, has set three official visits after being granted his release by UCLA earlier in the week. Clark will visit Pittsburgh, Virginia and NC State, all schools that are closer to home, according to Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Clark had an offer from Syracuse in the 2015 cycle.
Former Syracuse commit Robert Washington has started practicing with his new team, East Gaston, writes the Gaston Gazette’s Jack Flagler. Rules require Washington to participate in eight practices with the team before playing in a game, so he won’t make his debut until the following week. “He’s picking it up very quickly,” East Gaston head coach Sean Joyce said. “I think he’s going to be good for us I really do.” Too bad we can’t say the same for Syracuse.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017