Happy Hump Day, all! It was around this time last year that Zack Mahoney was suiting up for the College of DuPage Chaparrals against the mighty Georgia Military College Bulldogs. I wonder if he thought, just a year later, he’d be Syracuse’s starting quarterback, taking on LSU, one of the best teams in all of college football? Amazing what a year can do! On to our links for today…
Devron Davis announced on Twitter Tuesday afternoon that he had received an offer from Syracuse. The three-star JUCO defensive back from Merced (Calif.) holds offers from Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma, UCLA and Oregon, among others. He has also taken visits to Nebraska and Colorado State, according to Scout.com.
The former No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, has been granted his release from UCLA and is looking for a new school, reports Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Clark had initially committed to North Carolina and then Michigan, but decommitted after the school parted ways with Brady Hoke. Dohn reports that Clark now wants to be closer to home. Syracuse had been among a large group of high-majors to extend Clark an offer.
2016 Syracuse commit Matt Moyer visited Syracuse recently and posted a picture of him and “the boss” for all to see. If you look closely enough, you’ll see that Jim Boeheim has an even bigger smile than Moyer in the photo.
That’s it for a slow Wednesday. For all of our Jewish readers out there, we hope you have a easy fast today.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017