Happy Hump Day, all! It was around this time last year that Zack Mahoney was suiting up for the College of DuPage Chaparrals against the mighty Georgia Military College Bulldogs. I wonder if he thought, just a year later, he’d be Syracuse’s starting quarterback, taking on LSU, one of the best teams in all of college football? Amazing what a year can do! On to our links for today…
Devron Davis announced on Twitter Tuesday afternoon that he had received an offer from Syracuse. The three-star JUCO defensive back from Merced (Calif.) holds offers from Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma, UCLA and Oregon, among others. He has also taken visits to Nebraska and Colorado State, according to Scout.com.
The former No. 1 tight end in the class of 2015, Chris Clark, has been granted his release from UCLA and is looking for a new school, reports Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. Clark had initially committed to North Carolina and then Michigan, but decommitted after the school parted ways with Brady Hoke. Dohn reports that Clark now wants to be closer to home. Syracuse had been among a large group of high-majors to extend Clark an offer.
2016 Syracuse commit Matt Moyer visited Syracuse recently and posted a picture of him and “the boss” for all to see. If you look closely enough, you’ll see that Jim Boeheim has an even bigger smile than Moyer in the photo.
That’s it for a slow Wednesday. For all of our Jewish readers out there, we hope you have a easy fast today.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016