Interesting note from Syracuse’s 30-27 win over Central Michigan on Saturday: MAC officials have decided not to suspend Mitch Stantizek for his head-hunting hit on Eric Dungey, according to CNY Central’s Niko Tamurian. I doubt many of us agree with that decision. On to today’s links…
2016 big man Sedee Keita released his top 6 on Monday afternoon on his Twitter page. Among the schools that made the cut include Providence, South Carolina, Temple, Penn State, LSU and UNLV. Syracuse had heavily recruited Keita at one point, but ultimately stopped recruiting him earlier in the year.
One other note from basketball that I missed over the weekend: 2018 power forward Naz Reid from Roselle Catholic (NJ) picked up an offer from Louisville, according to The Recruit Scoop’s Alex Kline. Syracuse extended an offer to Reid in May, and he already holds offers from several high-majors including UConn, Virginia, Villanova and Maryland.
Syracuse has been heavily recruiting 2017 four-star receiver Juwan Burgess, but things gotten significantly more difficult on Monday, with Sleeper Athletes reporting that Burgess picked up an offer from powerhouse Alabama. The Tide join a crowded field of schools that also includes Clemson, Florida, Va. Tech, FSU and Miami.
Syracuse will host LSU at the Carrier Dome on Saturday, and it will also host 2016 commit Jamal Holloway. Holloway’s mother announced the visit on Twitter. Holloway committed to Syracuse in late July over offers from Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Temple, Virginia and West Virginia, among others.
That’s all the recruiting links for today. And I’ll use this last part to say goodbye to the Kiss Cam at the Carrier Dome. Have a great Tuesday, everyone.
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, Colgate 55 - November 11, 2016