Interesting note from Syracuse’s 30-27 win over Central Michigan on Saturday: MAC officials have decided not to suspend Mitch Stantizek for his head-hunting hit on Eric Dungey, according to CNY Central’s Niko Tamurian. I doubt many of us agree with that decision. On to today’s links…
2016 big man Sedee Keita released his top 6 on Monday afternoon on his Twitter page. Among the schools that made the cut include Providence, South Carolina, Temple, Penn State, LSU and UNLV. Syracuse had heavily recruited Keita at one point, but ultimately stopped recruiting him earlier in the year.
One other note from basketball that I missed over the weekend: 2018 power forward Naz Reid from Roselle Catholic (NJ) picked up an offer from Louisville, according to The Recruit Scoop’s Alex Kline. Syracuse extended an offer to Reid in May, and he already holds offers from several high-majors including UConn, Virginia, Villanova and Maryland.
Syracuse has been heavily recruiting 2017 four-star receiver Juwan Burgess, but things gotten significantly more difficult on Monday, with Sleeper Athletes reporting that Burgess picked up an offer from powerhouse Alabama. The Tide join a crowded field of schools that also includes Clemson, Florida, Va. Tech, FSU and Miami.
Syracuse will host LSU at the Carrier Dome on Saturday, and it will also host 2016 commit Jamal Holloway. Holloway’s mother announced the visit on Twitter. Holloway committed to Syracuse in late July over offers from Michigan State, Pittsburgh, Temple, Virginia and West Virginia, among others.
That’s all the recruiting links for today. And I’ll use this last part to say goodbye to the Kiss Cam at the Carrier Dome. Have a great Tuesday, everyone.
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017