I hope you all had a great weekend, everyone, and are enjoying Syracuse being 3-0 in football for the first time since 1991. Also, kudos to all of you in the Twitter world who have seemingly pushed punter Riley Dixon into the thick of the Heisman race. On to today’s recruiting links…
We start the recruiting news today on the hardwood, where Jim Boeheim was among a slew of coaches on hand to watch 2017 big man Mohamed Bamba, write’s SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. St. John’s coach Chris Mullin and Villanova’s Jay Wright were among the other head coaches on hand to see Bamba, a 6-foot-11, 5-star rated player from Westtown (Pa.) School and the PSA Cardinals AAU program. “By this time next year he will be the number one 2017 player in the country,” PSA Cardinals director Terrance “Munch” Williams said.
There are a couple of new mixtapes out, including ones for Hamidou Diallo and Michael Porter Jr. The 6-9 Porter is the No. 3 overall prospect in the Class of 2017 according to Rivals.com. Diallo isn’t far behind Porter, with Rivals.com ranking the 6-foot-5 Diallo guard as the No. 12 overall recruit. Syracuse has high interest in Diallo, and has offered Porter.
Moving to football, 2016 safety Eric Burrell cut his list to five schools, and Syracuse made the cut. The other four schools involved include Nebraska, Duke, Wisconsin and Boston College. Scout.com rates Burrell at three stars, and the No. 29 safety in his class.
2018 four-star Jalen Mayden had an incredible game recently, racking up over 600 yards of offense and seven touchdowns in a single game. Scout.com’s Greg Powers has video of the impressive highlights of of the Sachse (Texas) QB. Mayden recently took trips to Texas and Penn State, and currently holds a Syracuse offer.
I’ll close today on a trivia question. Syracuse has scored more than 30 points in each of its three games this season. When was the last time that happened? If you answered the last three games of the 2012 season (H/T Brent Axe), give yourself a pat on the back. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017