I hope you all had a great weekend, everyone, and are enjoying Syracuse being 3-0 in football for the first time since 1991. Also, kudos to all of you in the Twitter world who have seemingly pushed punter Riley Dixon into the thick of the Heisman race. On to today’s recruiting links…
We start the recruiting news today on the hardwood, where Jim Boeheim was among a slew of coaches on hand to watch 2017 big man Mohamed Bamba, write’s SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. St. John’s coach Chris Mullin and Villanova’s Jay Wright were among the other head coaches on hand to see Bamba, a 6-foot-11, 5-star rated player from Westtown (Pa.) School and the PSA Cardinals AAU program. “By this time next year he will be the number one 2017 player in the country,” PSA Cardinals director Terrance “Munch” Williams said.
There are a couple of new mixtapes out, including ones for Hamidou Diallo and Michael Porter Jr. The 6-9 Porter is the No. 3 overall prospect in the Class of 2017 according to Rivals.com. Diallo isn’t far behind Porter, with Rivals.com ranking the 6-foot-5 Diallo guard as the No. 12 overall recruit. Syracuse has high interest in Diallo, and has offered Porter.
Moving to football, 2016 safety Eric Burrell cut his list to five schools, and Syracuse made the cut. The other four schools involved include Nebraska, Duke, Wisconsin and Boston College. Scout.com rates Burrell at three stars, and the No. 29 safety in his class.
2018 four-star Jalen Mayden had an incredible game recently, racking up over 600 yards of offense and seven touchdowns in a single game. Scout.com’s Greg Powers has video of the impressive highlights of of the Sachse (Texas) QB. Mayden recently took trips to Texas and Penn State, and currently holds a Syracuse offer.
I’ll close today on a trivia question. Syracuse has scored more than 30 points in each of its three games this season. When was the last time that happened? If you answered the last three games of the 2012 season (H/T Brent Axe), give yourself a pat on the back. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016