I hope you all had a great weekend, everyone, and are enjoying Syracuse being 3-0 in football for the first time since 1991. Also, kudos to all of you in the Twitter world who have seemingly pushed punter Riley Dixon into the thick of the Heisman race. On to today’s recruiting links…
We start the recruiting news today on the hardwood, where Jim Boeheim was among a slew of coaches on hand to watch 2017 big man Mohamed Bamba, write’s SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. St. John’s coach Chris Mullin and Villanova’s Jay Wright were among the other head coaches on hand to see Bamba, a 6-foot-11, 5-star rated player from Westtown (Pa.) School and the PSA Cardinals AAU program. “By this time next year he will be the number one 2017 player in the country,” PSA Cardinals director Terrance “Munch” Williams said.
There are a couple of new mixtapes out, including ones for Hamidou Diallo and Michael Porter Jr. The 6-9 Porter is the No. 3 overall prospect in the Class of 2017 according to Rivals.com. Diallo isn’t far behind Porter, with Rivals.com ranking the 6-foot-5 Diallo guard as the No. 12 overall recruit. Syracuse has high interest in Diallo, and has offered Porter.
Moving to football, 2016 safety Eric Burrell cut his list to five schools, and Syracuse made the cut. The other four schools involved include Nebraska, Duke, Wisconsin and Boston College. Scout.com rates Burrell at three stars, and the No. 29 safety in his class.
2018 four-star Jalen Mayden had an incredible game recently, racking up over 600 yards of offense and seven touchdowns in a single game. Scout.com’s Greg Powers has video of the impressive highlights of of the Sachse (Texas) QB. Mayden recently took trips to Texas and Penn State, and currently holds a Syracuse offer.
I’ll close today on a trivia question. Syracuse has scored more than 30 points in each of its three games this season. When was the last time that happened? If you answered the last three games of the 2012 season (H/T Brent Axe), give yourself a pat on the back. Have a great start to your week, everyone.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017