Let’s start off today by wishing a speedy recovery to Syracuse basketball coach Mike Hopkins, who apparently is in a neck brace because he was body surfing recently on a family trip to California. On to today’s recruiting news…
Thursday afternoon, Southington (Conn.) High quarterback Jay Rose decided to stay in-state, selecting his hometown Huskies over offers from other Power 5 schools, including Wake Forest, Syracuse and Wisconsin. Rose had been recruited mostly as a tight end, but the Orange and Huskies—his top two choices—were two schools recruiting him as a quarterback.
Scout.com’s John Garcia Jr. caught up with 2017 Arab (Ala.) junior Daulton Hyatt, who was offered by Syracuse earlier in the week. Hyatt says he’s looking to make a visit to Syracuse, but isn’t rushing his recruiting process. He also holds offers from Vanderbilt, Miami and Wake Forest. Hyatt is from the same town as Syracuse freshman Steven Clark.
2017 4-star DT Fred Hansard chatted with Bleacher Report’s Tyler Donohue about the latest in his recruiting process. Hansard was on hand for Michigan State’s 31-28 win over Oregon, and has also had steady contact with Penn State, Michigan and Ohio State. “Fred moves like a 220-pound kid, so he has that rare blend of size, speed and athleticism that every college coach is looking for,” said Hansard’s head coach, Todd Smith. Hansard also holds a Syracuse offer.
Switching to basketball, Scout.com’s Ben Sigel spoke with 2017 Neumann-Goretti (PA) forward Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree, who received an offer from Syracuse earlier in the week. Cosby-Roundtree attends the same high school as fellow Syracuse offeree Quade Green, and a package deal may be possible. “We have. We speak about it from time to time but haven’t really thought too much into it.”
I’ll leave you with this last nugget for the week: Don’t play catch with Michael Carter-Williams, especially if you’re a cameraman. He’s a bit wild on the two-seamer. Have a great weekend, everyone!
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016