Happy Hump Day to everyone. And as a word of advice as you start your Wednesday—don’t question whether Carmelo Anthony is elite. On to today’s links…
Several Syracuse recruits have been invited to the USA Basketball Men’s Junior National Team Minicamp from Oct. 2-4 in Colorado Springs. Orange commit Tyus Battle will be joined by Mohamed Bamba, Trevon Duval, Cameron Reddish, Michael Porter Jr., and Naz Reid. Syracuse assistant coach Gerry McNamara, who played on the 2005 USA World University Games Team, was on the selection committee.
2017 four-star wing Jordan Tucker will take an unofficial to St. John’s this weekend, reports SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. The White Plains (NY) native has offers from several high-majors, including Syracuse, Arizona, Connecticut and Indiana. Tucker is the 39th overall player in his class, and eighth in his position according to Scout.
Rivals.com released its top 25 rankings for the 2018 class. Names to pay attention to if you’re a Syracuse fan include Naz Reid (6), Cameron Reddish (7), and Louis King (18). All three hold offers from the Orange.
2016 big man Sedee Keita met with South Carolina coaches earlier this week and scheduled an official visit for Oct. 10. “They told me I’m a good fit and want me to take an official,” Keita said to Palmetto Sports’ Phil Kornblut. Keita has offers from 17 schools, including Auburn, Temple and Syracuse, among others, according to 24/7 Sports.
Two football notes for today: Forestview’s game with East Lincoln was suspended last week because of weather and completed on Monday evening. East Lincoln won 41-28 behind 27 unanswered points. Syracuse commit Moe Neal finished with just 48 rushing yards on 16 carries, but racked up 114 receiving yards on just four catches.
Syracuse and NC State are the two front runners for 2017 WR Michael Harley Jr. from Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas, says Scout.com’s Corey Bender. Other schools in the mix include Miami and Duke, but the Orange and Wolfpack have been showing the “most love,” Bender says.
In closing for today, Jim Boeheim calls the NCAA sanctions against Syracuse excessive in an indepth interview with ESPN. It’s certainly worth a look. Have a great day, everyone.
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017