To start off today, I want to wish former Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne the best of luck at Northwest Florida State. Syracuse.com’s Mike Waters reported that Diagne arrived in Florida over the weekend.
Staying with basketball, both Syracuse and USC offered 2017 forward Dhamir Cosby-Roundtree from Philadelphia Neumann-Goretti. 24/7 Sports lists Cosby-Roundtree at 127th in his class, but he has already netted offers from Villanova, Temple and Penn State. The Orange has also offered his teammate, point guard Quade Green.
2017 five-star center Nick Richards took an unofficial visit to UConn on Monday, said Scout.com’s Evan Daniels. Richards is the No. 18 overall recruit in his class, and the seventh best big man in his class. He holds offers from several high-majors, including Syracuse, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, UCLA and Villanova.
Moving to football, the Jay Rose sweepstakes will end on Thursday, he tweeted on Monday. The 2016 TE/QB prospect is down to his final two choices: Syracuse and UConn. Rose had also been considering Wisconsin and Wake Forest, but was only being looked at as a tight end. Both the Huskies and Orange are looking at him as a quarterback.
Scout.com’s Mike McAllister reports that Syracuse has offered 2017 quarterback Daulton Hyatt. The Alabama product also holds offers from Miami, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest. Hyatt has also previously camped at Alabama, Ole Miss, and Mississippi State.
One final note for today: If you haven’t checked out Brandon Armstrong’s impersonation of Carmelo Anthony yet, you’re missing out. Have a great Tuesday, everyone.
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017