A happy Thursday to you all as we look forward to Saturday’s game against Wake Forest in football. If you’re going to the game, make sure you wear your favorite color to the Carrier Dome for the upcoming Orange Out. On to recruiting…
Isaiah Muscius, a 6-foot-8, 2018 wing, is already drawing attention from high-majors. SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, reports that Muscius, from St. James Prep (MD), will have Syracuse, Nova, UConn, Temple and Maryland watching him this week. Muscius picked up offers from St John’s and Wake Forest last week.
Taking a step back into the class of 2017, Scout.com’s Ben Sigel reports that guard Quade Green from St. John Neumann High School will visit Syracuse on Sept. 23rd. Green is a four-star recruit that holds offers from Maryland, Providence, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Villanova, among others. He attends the same high school as former SU stars Scoop Jardine and Rick Jackson.
Syracuse.com’s Mike Waters reports that the Orange conducted an in-home visit with 2016 commit Tyus Battle on Wednesday. Don’t look into it as a sign that Battle may be looking elsewhere, though. “Coaches at all schools still conduct in-home visits to committed recruits,” Waters writes. “Committed recruits also get to take campus visit.”
Waters also reports that 2016 target Taurean Thompson will take his official visit to Syracuse on Sept. 25-26. The Syracuse coaching staff is planning to watch Thompson next week. Thompson currently holds offers from Rutgers, Syracuse, Temple, Xavier and Pittsburgh, among others.
Rivals.com released its top 150 for the 2016 and 2017 classes today. Names to keep in mind in 2016 are commits Battle (25), Matt Moyer (41) and targets Sedee Keita (83), Thompson (85), James Banks (86). In the 2017 class, targets include, Trevon Duval (2), Michael Porter Jr. (3), Mohamed Bamba (5), Hamidou Diallo (12), Jordan Tucker (40), and Green (50).
Moving to football, Southington QB Jasen Rose has narrowed his list down to two schools and will make a decision on Sunday or Monday according to WFSB’s John Holt. Rose didn’t say which two schools are his finalists, but in August, Rose had cut his list to four schools: Syracuse, Connecticut, Wake Forest and Wisconsin. The Orange want him as a tight end at the Y position, but Holt mentions that Rose’s preference is to play quarterback.
The Boston Herald’s Robyn Hayes profiles Lynnfield lineman and Syracuse commit Cam DeGeorge. “He was born to play football,” Pioneers line coach Gino Fedora said. “Kids like Cam don’t come around very often.” His mother mentions that she likes Cam being a six-hour drive away.
That’s all for today. Enjoy your Thursday, everyone!
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, Colgate 55 - November 11, 2016