Before we dive into recruiting for the day, I’d like to wish Syracuse quarterback Terrel Hunt a speedy recovery, and the best of luck as he applies for a sixth year of NCAA eligibility after he tore his Achilles in SU’s win over Rhode Island. On to the recruiting world…
Starting with basketball, 2017 Syracuse priority target Trevon Duval will be playing at Advanced Prep International in Dallas this season, reported by SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Duval played at St. Benedict’s Prep in Newark, N.J. last year. He has offers from Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, UCLA, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, among others.
Georgetown has entered the Sedee Keita sweepstakes according to ESPN’s Adam Finkelstein. The 6-9, 225-pound big man is in the class of 2016, and is the 20th ranked power forward in his class according to 24/7 Sports. Keita has offers from 17 schools, including Auburn, Temple and Syracuse, among others. 24/7 has 60 percent in favor of the Orange in its crystal ball.
In football, Massachusetts running back Kevin Mensah put Syracuse in his top six last month, and he was recently mentioned by Telegram.com’s Carl Setterlund in a feature about Holy Name football. “Kevin Mensah is really looking like he’s going to be a Holy Name-type running back that’s going to pump some yards,” Mensah’s coach said. “He’s gone to all the camps and clinics. He’s got a lot of people really looking at him.” Other schools in consideration include BC, Florida, Arizona State, UMass and Florida State.
Clemson and Pitt are the latest schools to offer 2017 offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson from Brooklyn, according to ESPN’s Gerry Hamilton. Wilson has over 20 offers from high-majors, including Alabama, Florida State, Michigan and UCLA. Syracuse offered Wilson last year.
Paul Schwedelson from the Daily Orange writes that Robert Washington’s decommitment from Syracuse has no effect on his cousin, Aapri. The 2017 cornerback has offers from 14 schools, including Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Syracuse. “What I saw is that they’re trying to be an up-and-coming program,” Aapri said, “and get things to the way they used to be at Syracuse.”
One final football note for the day: 2017 quarterback Hendon Hooker is one of four players to watch on Friday night, according to Greensboro News & Record’s Joe Sirera. Dudley HS hasn’t needed a dominant performance from Hooker yet, but the potential for that kind of night will be there against Durham Hillside. Clemson, Mississippi State, Wake Forest and North Carolina all reached out to Hooker, who also has an offer from Syracuse.
We’ll see you all tomorrow. Until then, enjoy Hump Day.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016