Before we dive into recruiting for the day, I’d like to wish Syracuse quarterback Terrel Hunt a speedy recovery, and the best of luck as he applies for a sixth year of NCAA eligibility after he tore his Achilles in SU’s win over Rhode Island. On to the recruiting world…
Starting with basketball, 2017 Syracuse priority target Trevon Duval will be playing at Advanced Prep International in Dallas this season, reported by SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Duval played at St. Benedict’s Prep in Newark, N.J. last year. He has offers from Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, UCLA, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, among others.
Georgetown has entered the Sedee Keita sweepstakes according to ESPN’s Adam Finkelstein. The 6-9, 225-pound big man is in the class of 2016, and is the 20th ranked power forward in his class according to 24/7 Sports. Keita has offers from 17 schools, including Auburn, Temple and Syracuse, among others. 24/7 has 60 percent in favor of the Orange in its crystal ball.
In football, Massachusetts running back Kevin Mensah put Syracuse in his top six last month, and he was recently mentioned by Telegram.com’s Carl Setterlund in a feature about Holy Name football. “Kevin Mensah is really looking like he’s going to be a Holy Name-type running back that’s going to pump some yards,” Mensah’s coach said. “He’s gone to all the camps and clinics. He’s got a lot of people really looking at him.” Other schools in consideration include BC, Florida, Arizona State, UMass and Florida State.
Clemson and Pitt are the latest schools to offer 2017 offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson from Brooklyn, according to ESPN’s Gerry Hamilton. Wilson has over 20 offers from high-majors, including Alabama, Florida State, Michigan and UCLA. Syracuse offered Wilson last year.
Paul Schwedelson from the Daily Orange writes that Robert Washington’s decommitment from Syracuse has no effect on his cousin, Aapri. The 2017 cornerback has offers from 14 schools, including Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Syracuse. “What I saw is that they’re trying to be an up-and-coming program,” Aapri said, “and get things to the way they used to be at Syracuse.”
One final football note for the day: 2017 quarterback Hendon Hooker is one of four players to watch on Friday night, according to Greensboro News & Record’s Joe Sirera. Dudley HS hasn’t needed a dominant performance from Hooker yet, but the potential for that kind of night will be there against Durham Hillside. Clemson, Mississippi State, Wake Forest and North Carolina all reached out to Hooker, who also has an offer from Syracuse.
We’ll see you all tomorrow. Until then, enjoy Hump Day.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016