Before we get to the recruiting links for today, I wanted to wish former Syracuse linebacker Marquis Spruill luck as he tries out for the Miami Dolphins. Spruill looked like he would catch on with the Falcons last year until he tore his ACL. On that note, let’s move on to the recruiting world…
Former Syracuse target Kevin Huerter committed to Maryland over the weekend. He was with the Terps for an official visit this weekend after visiting Maryland unofficially last month. Syracuse had offered Huerter as a 2017 prospect, but didn’t have room for him in its 2016 class. Syracuse, Iowa, Indiana, Creighton and Davidson had all been schools that had shown interest.
Meanwhile, another Syracuse target will be in town soon according to SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Taurean Thompson, a 6-foot-9 power forward now at Brewster (N.H.) Academy, took an official visit to Xavier over the weekend, and is working out his plans to visit Syracuse. “Syracuse is later this month,” Thompson said. “Just focused on settling in at Brewster Academy for now.”
SLAM Online has a new mixtape for 2017 guard Trevon Duval. Duval has offers from Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, UCLA, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, among others. Duval is arguably the best player in the 2017 class and ranked in the top 5 in nearly every recruiting service.
One football note for today: Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink caught up with Syracuse commit Taylor Riggins as Aquinas opened its season at the Carrier Dome on Saturday. Riggins says that he’s in the process of recruiting McQuaid Jesuit tight end Demetrius Breedlove, who is currently the No. 8 prospect in New York’s 2016 class according to 24/7 Sports.
That’s all for today, everyone. I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017