Before we get to the recruiting links for today, I wanted to wish former Syracuse linebacker Marquis Spruill luck as he tries out for the Miami Dolphins. Spruill looked like he would catch on with the Falcons last year until he tore his ACL. On that note, let’s move on to the recruiting world…
Former Syracuse target Kevin Huerter committed to Maryland over the weekend. He was with the Terps for an official visit this weekend after visiting Maryland unofficially last month. Syracuse had offered Huerter as a 2017 prospect, but didn’t have room for him in its 2016 class. Syracuse, Iowa, Indiana, Creighton and Davidson had all been schools that had shown interest.
Meanwhile, another Syracuse target will be in town soon according to SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Taurean Thompson, a 6-foot-9 power forward now at Brewster (N.H.) Academy, took an official visit to Xavier over the weekend, and is working out his plans to visit Syracuse. “Syracuse is later this month,” Thompson said. “Just focused on settling in at Brewster Academy for now.”
SLAM Online has a new mixtape for 2017 guard Trevon Duval. Duval has offers from Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, UCLA, Kansas, Maryland, Louisville, among others. Duval is arguably the best player in the 2017 class and ranked in the top 5 in nearly every recruiting service.
One football note for today: Syracuse.com’s Nate Mink caught up with Syracuse commit Taylor Riggins as Aquinas opened its season at the Carrier Dome on Saturday. Riggins says that he’s in the process of recruiting McQuaid Jesuit tight end Demetrius Breedlove, who is currently the No. 8 prospect in New York’s 2016 class according to 24/7 Sports.
That’s all for today, everyone. I hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017