Happy Friday to all of our readers. I wanted to start today by sending our best wishes to Syracuse legend Pearl Washington, who had surgery on Thursday to address a tumor lodged in his brain. For those of you who use Twitter, please send thoughts by using #PrayersforPearl.
Scout.com’s Corey Bender reports that Cycoby Burch, a senior defensive back out of Orlando (Fla.) Oak Ridge, will not make a college decision this week. Instead, Burch has scheduled an official visit to his top school. “He’s scheduled a visit with West Virginia for October 10,” Bender says. USF and Syracuse remain in the mix, as well, and Burch will likely take official visits to both schools. Earlier this week, it was reported that Burch was planning on making his college decision today.
Naytron Culpepper is “high” on the Orange, writes Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Syracuse had originally offered the three-star Florida defensive back in May. He has collected seven offers, according to Brown, which include Louisville, LSU and Cincinnati.
Brown also reports that Syracuse is showing interest in Leominster (Massachusetts) athlete Noah Gray. The 2017 prospect currently plays quarterback, but Rivals.com’s Aman Kidwai reported earlier in the month that he attended UConn, Boston College, UMass, Syracuse and UNC camps as a wide receiver.
2016 QB/TE Jasen (Jay) Rose gets a lot of attention in Gametime CT’s preview of Southington’s 2015 season. Rose is called arguably “the best public school prospect in the class of 2016” after he threw for 3,190 passing yards in his junior season. Syracuse, Connecticut, Wake Forest and Wisconsin are in Rose’s final four.
One final note on basketball recruiting: Scout.com’s Ben Sigel is reporting that 2018 forward Naz Reid and 2017 forward Andre Rafus will attend Syracuse’s Elite basketball camp. Reid has offers from Kansas, LSU, Oklahoma, Syracuse and Villanova. Rafus has offers from California, SMU, Tennessee and West Virginia.
That’s it for today. Have a great weekend, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016