Today, we pay homage to our Orangewomen, because it is Women’s Equality Day in the United States. Women were given the right to vote 95 years ago to the day, and the resolution was passed in 1972 to commemorate the day. And now, on to the recruiting world…
We start off today with Peter Stein of the New Jersey Herald, who thinks we haven’t heard the end of the Moustapha Diagne drama. Diagne, who announced last week he would attend a JUCO in Florida instead of at Syracuse because of reported NCAA eligibility issues, apparently still may have a shot of wearing Orange. “I don’t think the ship has sailed at all and I think the hope is still there. If they rule today, if they rule five minutes from now, if they rule by Friday, I think he does have a chance to play for Syracuse.”
Elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval, who took an unofficial visit to Maryland according to SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Duval is being pursued by virtually every high-major in the country, including Syracuse, and recently starred in the Under Armor Elite 24 game in Brooklyn. Duval still is up in the air as to where he will attend high school this season.
Staying with the class of 2017, 5-star guard Hamidou Diallo is now being tracked by Kentucky. Diallo has offers from Kansas, Florida, Villanova, Maryland, UConn, Providence, Louisville, N.C. State, Indiana, Iowa State, Seton Hall, VCU and UMass, and Syracuse has shown interest as well. “I just recently heard from Kentucky,” Diallo said.
One note on football today: There is no shortage of expectations or adversity at Plant High School, reports the Tampa Bay Times’ Kelly Parsons. Despite Syracuse commit Rex Culpepper being out for the year with a torn ACL, Plant is still the team to beat in the Tampa Bay area. One of the people replacing Rex could be his brother, Judge, a 2018 recruit who also has an offer from the Orange.
That’s it for today. Happy Hump Day!
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017