Today, we pay homage to our Orangewomen, because it is Women’s Equality Day in the United States. Women were given the right to vote 95 years ago to the day, and the resolution was passed in 1972 to commemorate the day. And now, on to the recruiting world…
We start off today with Peter Stein of the New Jersey Herald, who thinks we haven’t heard the end of the Moustapha Diagne drama. Diagne, who announced last week he would attend a JUCO in Florida instead of at Syracuse because of reported NCAA eligibility issues, apparently still may have a shot of wearing Orange. “I don’t think the ship has sailed at all and I think the hope is still there. If they rule today, if they rule five minutes from now, if they rule by Friday, I think he does have a chance to play for Syracuse.”
Elite 2017 guard Trevon Duval, who took an unofficial visit to Maryland according to SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Duval is being pursued by virtually every high-major in the country, including Syracuse, and recently starred in the Under Armor Elite 24 game in Brooklyn. Duval still is up in the air as to where he will attend high school this season.
Staying with the class of 2017, 5-star guard Hamidou Diallo is now being tracked by Kentucky. Diallo has offers from Kansas, Florida, Villanova, Maryland, UConn, Providence, Louisville, N.C. State, Indiana, Iowa State, Seton Hall, VCU and UMass, and Syracuse has shown interest as well. “I just recently heard from Kentucky,” Diallo said.
One note on football today: There is no shortage of expectations or adversity at Plant High School, reports the Tampa Bay Times’ Kelly Parsons. Despite Syracuse commit Rex Culpepper being out for the year with a torn ACL, Plant is still the team to beat in the Tampa Bay area. One of the people replacing Rex could be his brother, Judge, a 2018 recruit who also has an offer from the Orange.
That’s it for today. Happy Hump Day!
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017