Having a fight with a friend, significant other, or family member? Then today is your day to bury the hatchet because Aug. 25 is National Kiss and Make Up Day. On to your daily recruiting links…
Oak Ridge High School defensive back Cycoby Burch will make his college decision on Friday, writes the Daily Orange’s Paul Schwedelson. Burch has a top four of Syracuse, West Virginia, Indiana and South Florida, and is being recruited by tight ends coach Jake Moreland. Burch had previously announced his commitment to Wisconsin in May.
Syracuse remains active in recruiting Paramus (N.J.) Catholic receiver Donald Stewart, says Scout.com’s Brian Dohn. According to Dohn, Stewart will visit Wake Forest on Oct. 24 pending approval from his high school coach, and remains in contact with Michigan, Stanford, Rutgers, BC and Syracuse. Stewart is a three-star recruit according to Scout, and is the 132nd ranked receiver in the 2016 class.
St. Peter’s Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) senior wide receiver Kolton Huber is gaining interest from Rutgers, writes NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt. Huber has offers from Syracuse, UConn, Kansas, Buffalo and UMass, and said that he had families ties to the Rutgers program.
JUCOReport.com’s Corry Black is reporting that former Syracuse commit Moustapha Diagne will be enrolling at Northwest Florida State College, a JUCO in Niceville, Fla. Last week, reports surfaced that Diagne had not been cleared by the NCAA over an issue with a class he took as a freshman in his native Senegal. Northwest is the reigning JUCO national champions.
Could Syracuse recruit Trevon Duval be the best point guard in the 2017 class? It’s definitely possible, writes Sports Illustrated.com’s Chris Johnson in his enterprise story on Duval. Johnson quotes WeR1 director Terrell Myers, saying that Duval has an uncannily quick “reaction to plays.”
Michael Porter Jr. continues to impress, and put on a show at the Under Armour Elite 24 over the weekend, writes SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Porter Jr. recently cut his list of schools down to 10, and Syracuse is on that list along with Duke, Missouri, Stanford, Washington, UCLA, Indiana, Kansas, Virginia and Kentucky. But he mentioned that there are five schools that have separate themselves most for his services. “Definitely Washington, Virginia, Mizzou, Duke and Kansas are probably working the hardest right now,” he said.
Enjoy the last Tuesday of August!
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, Colgate 55 - November 11, 2016