Here’s wishing a happy Friday to all of our readers. And if you’ve got a lei nearby, put it on, because today is the 56th anniversary of Hawaii becoming the 50th member of the United States of America! Then again, Syracuse playing in there is essentially a home game, anyway, since we’ve won the Maui Invitational in 1990, 1998 and 2013. On to recruiting…
Rumors about Moustapha Diagne’s eligibility came to a head on Thursday evening, with Syracuse issuing a release saying that Diagne will not be with the Orange. “Moustapha Diagne, who signed a national letter of intent with Syracuse in November 2014, has decided to enroll in a two-year college,” the release said. Mike Waters from the Post-Standard writes that Syracuse’s front court will be extremely thin as a result.
Moving to the class of 2017, Scout.com’s Evan Daniels is reporting that guard Melo Eggleston visited Maryland on Tuesday. According to Scout, Eggleston has offers from Georgetown, Georgia Tech, Miami, Nebraska, Oregon State, Texas Tech and Xavier. Syracuse has shown interest, but has not made him an offer.
In football, 2016 wide receiver Terrell Vassel says that Syracuse and Rutgers are in the lead right now, writes NJ.com’s Braulio Perez. Vasssel said he would definitely be taking an official visit to Syracuse and is in the works of planning one for the Scarlet Knights. “I like the education at Syracuse,” Vassel said. He is being recruited by Bobby Acosta.
The Henry Daily Herald’s Maria Torres previews Luella (Ga.) High School’s 2015 football season, and makes particular mention of 2016 Syracuse commit Darius Stubbs. “With an entire season under his belt, there’s no telling where Stubbs’ quick feet and versatility will take him in 2015.” Stubbs averaged averaged 68.1 rushing yards per game in his junior season.
Don Haggard from Big County Preps named Syracuse recruit Judge Culpepper to his first release of his 2015 football positional rankings in the 92 football teams in his coverage area of Florida. Culpepper, who is in the 2018 class, is listed as the No. 9 H-Back. As you all know, his older brother, Rex, is a 2016 Syracuse commit.
That’s all for this week. Have a wonderful weekend, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017