Before we get to the recruiting world for today, we’d like to note that today is the 95th anniversary of professional football. On this day in 1920, seven men (including Jim Thorpe) met to organize what would eventually be called the American Professional Football Conference (APFC), the forerunner to the NFL. On to business…
Rivals.com’s Aman Kidwai checked in with Syracuse offeree Brandon Sebastian. He also holds offers from Rhode Island, UConn and Temple, and is receiving interest from Notre Dame, Maryland, Boston College, and Penn State. He’s listed as an athlete, but Syracuse is recruiting him as a running back.
CuseConfidential.com checks in on 2017 3-star safety (MD) Damani Neal, and he tells them that he “is keeping an eye on Syracuse.” Neal recently picked up an offer from Wisconsin according to 247 Sports, and has offers from Penn State, Stanford and Maryland.
Staying in the 2017 class, defensive tackle Donovan Jeter is featured by Mike White in the Post-Gazette. Syracuse is among 11 schools that have extended an offer to Jeter, and it appears that Pitt, Penn State and Ohio State “are probably his top choices right now.” Jeter also mentions that he isn’t close to a decision.
Syracuse lost out on 2016 Lafayette (Wildwood, Mo.) offensive lineman Chase Behrndt, who announced his commitment to West Virginia on Wednesday afternoon. According to Scout.com, Behrndt had offers from Illinois, Iowa State, Kansas, Ohio, Pitt, San Diego State, Syracuse and Wyoming.
It appears Kevin Huerter is not completely off the Syracuse radar yet. Syracuse.com’s Mike Waters writes that the NCAA will decide on Syracuse’s appeal of sanctions this fall, and if things go SU’s way, a scholarship may open up in its 2016 class. Currently, Huerter only has a 2017 offer from the Orange, which he is not considering as he moves ahead with his 2016 recruitment. “If things change for (Syracuse’s) situation for 2016, I’m sure that would change Kevin’s position,” Huerter’s father, Tom, said Wednesday.
That’s all for today. See you all tomorrow!
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016