Raid your pantry for Tabasco sauce, because today is Hot n’ Spicy Food Day! And for those of you who may suffer from heartburn, you can also observe National Aviation Day. As for the Syracuse recruiting world…
Three-star WR/S Brandon Drayton is planning an official visit to Syracuse, reports Lynden Ostrander from the Tampa Tribune. Along with Syracuse, Drayton will take an official to Marshall on Sept. 5 and is in the process of planning a visit to Iowa. According to 247 Sports, the Largo, Florida product has offers from 20 schools including Miami, Colorado, Louisville and South Florida.
The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle’s James Johnson does its in-depth preview on Aquinas football, home of Syracuse linebacker/defensive end commit Taylor Riggins. “This year, offenses may need to figure out how to block […] Riggins in passing situations.” The article also mentions senior receiver/defensive back Earnest Edwards, who went to Syracuse football camp earlier in the summer. Edwards has picked up an offer from Buffalo, but the Orange hasn’t offered.
Scout.com’s Brian Dohn features 2017 quarterback Jack Coan in his underclassmen of the day series. Coan is New York’s top quarterback in his class, and holds an offer from Syracuse and several other schools including Maryland, Miami, Michigan and Rutgers.
One last note for football: Scout.com’s Mike McAllister posted a video with an exclusive interview of Syracuse quarterback commit Rex Culpepper. The 2016 product describes himself as having a “a strong arm and high football IQ.”
As you’ve probably heard by now, Syracuse commit Tyus Battle will finish his high school career at St. Joseph (Met.). NJ.com’s Jeremy Schneider goes over the implications of Battle’s transfer. The Falcons, Schneider writes, are “not just good, but the best,” and will be one of the favorites to win the Tournament of Champions.
That’s it for today. Enjoy your hump day, everyone!
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017