Raid your pantry for Tabasco sauce, because today is Hot n’ Spicy Food Day! And for those of you who may suffer from heartburn, you can also observe National Aviation Day. As for the Syracuse recruiting world…
Three-star WR/S Brandon Drayton is planning an official visit to Syracuse, reports Lynden Ostrander from the Tampa Tribune. Along with Syracuse, Drayton will take an official to Marshall on Sept. 5 and is in the process of planning a visit to Iowa. According to 247 Sports, the Largo, Florida product has offers from 20 schools including Miami, Colorado, Louisville and South Florida.
The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle’s James Johnson does its in-depth preview on Aquinas football, home of Syracuse linebacker/defensive end commit Taylor Riggins. “This year, offenses may need to figure out how to block […] Riggins in passing situations.” The article also mentions senior receiver/defensive back Earnest Edwards, who went to Syracuse football camp earlier in the summer. Edwards has picked up an offer from Buffalo, but the Orange hasn’t offered.
Scout.com’s Brian Dohn features 2017 quarterback Jack Coan in his underclassmen of the day series. Coan is New York’s top quarterback in his class, and holds an offer from Syracuse and several other schools including Maryland, Miami, Michigan and Rutgers.
One last note for football: Scout.com’s Mike McAllister posted a video with an exclusive interview of Syracuse quarterback commit Rex Culpepper. The 2016 product describes himself as having a “a strong arm and high football IQ.”
As you’ve probably heard by now, Syracuse commit Tyus Battle will finish his high school career at St. Joseph (Met.). NJ.com’s Jeremy Schneider goes over the implications of Battle’s transfer. The Falcons, Schneider writes, are “not just good, but the best,” and will be one of the favorites to win the Tournament of Champions.
That’s it for today. Enjoy your hump day, everyone!
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017