“Roses are red. Violets are blue. Nothing rhymes with Orange.” This is my hilariously bad attempt at poetry, which is perfect since today is National Bad Poetry Day. On to recruiting…
New Haven Register’s David Borges reports that Southington QB/TE Jasen (Jay) Rose has placed Syracuse in his final four. The other schools involved for the 2016 prospect include Connecticut, Wake Forest and Wisconsin. Rose had previously visited Syracuse in June.
Big news (literally) from the Sunshine State: 6’5″, 280 pound offensive lineman Cody Bowes has put Syracuse in the lead, according to Scout.com’s Corey Bender. The 2017 prospect is also considering Wake Forest, Florida and Miami. “Syracuse is my top right now,” Bowes said. “I can tell it’s a family program, and the fans show me a lot of love. They are also top for education.”
A report from NJ.com says that Syracuse is heavily involved in the recruitment of 2016 WR prospect Donald Stewart. “I’m taking official visits to Stanford and Michigan, and I’m trying to set up a couple more official visits,” Stewart said. “I’m trying to go to Syracuse, and I’m trying to go to Wake Forest and Boston College as well. Those are my favorite schools.”
One time OT/DT recruit Noah DeHond is off the board. The 2017 prospect narrowed his choices to Alabama, Clemson, and UNC before picking the Tigers on Monday evening. DeHond has previously visited Syracuse for its spring game in April, but never received an offer from the Orange.
Asbury Park Press’ Chris Parker does a preview of the upcoming Red Bank football season, and spends a good portion of time writing about 2016 Syracuse commit Sadiq Palmer. The senior finished the year with 38 catches for 748 yards and seven touchdowns, and he’s looking for more this year. “I just want to help my team as much as I can, Palmer said. “Be a leader on and off the field so we can win a state championship, that’s the main goal this year.”
And last note for the day, Scout.com’s Ben Sigel reports that the NCAA has yet to make a ruling on 2015 forward Moustapha Diagne. So the waiting game continues…
Try to stay cool on this steamy Tuesday, everyone!
- Tim Welsh calls Syracuse an NCAA Tournament team that could play into second weekend - December 9, 2017
- Matt Moyer gives Syracuse basketball hope after disappointing start - December 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Connecticut 63 - December 5, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, Kansas 72 - December 2, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Maryland 70 - November 27, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017