“Roses are red. Violets are blue. Nothing rhymes with Orange.” This is my hilariously bad attempt at poetry, which is perfect since today is National Bad Poetry Day. On to recruiting…
New Haven Register’s David Borges reports that Southington QB/TE Jasen (Jay) Rose has placed Syracuse in his final four. The other schools involved for the 2016 prospect include Connecticut, Wake Forest and Wisconsin. Rose had previously visited Syracuse in June.
Big news (literally) from the Sunshine State: 6’5″, 280 pound offensive lineman Cody Bowes has put Syracuse in the lead, according to Scout.com’s Corey Bender. The 2017 prospect is also considering Wake Forest, Florida and Miami. “Syracuse is my top right now,” Bowes said. “I can tell it’s a family program, and the fans show me a lot of love. They are also top for education.”
A report from NJ.com says that Syracuse is heavily involved in the recruitment of 2016 WR prospect Donald Stewart. “I’m taking official visits to Stanford and Michigan, and I’m trying to set up a couple more official visits,” Stewart said. “I’m trying to go to Syracuse, and I’m trying to go to Wake Forest and Boston College as well. Those are my favorite schools.”
One time OT/DT recruit Noah DeHond is off the board. The 2017 prospect narrowed his choices to Alabama, Clemson, and UNC before picking the Tigers on Monday evening. DeHond has previously visited Syracuse for its spring game in April, but never received an offer from the Orange.
Asbury Park Press’ Chris Parker does a preview of the upcoming Red Bank football season, and spends a good portion of time writing about 2016 Syracuse commit Sadiq Palmer. The senior finished the year with 38 catches for 748 yards and seven touchdowns, and he’s looking for more this year. “I just want to help my team as much as I can, Palmer said. “Be a leader on and off the field so we can win a state championship, that’s the main goal this year.”
And last note for the day, Scout.com’s Ben Sigel reports that the NCAA has yet to make a ruling on 2015 forward Moustapha Diagne. So the waiting game continues…
Try to stay cool on this steamy Tuesday, everyone!
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017
- Steve Ishmael — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 8, 2017
- Wake Forest Demon Deacons — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 7, 2017
- Moe Neal — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Boeheim’s Army 77, Overseas Elite 81 - August 2, 2017
- Miami Hurricanes — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 31, 2017
- Boeheim’s Army GM: Team FOE was ‘rattled’ by pro-Syracuse crowd - July 28, 2017
- Clemson Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 25, 2017