Happy National Creamsicle Day! Enjoy a cold, delicious treat on this warm August day.
We start with 2016 guard Kevin Huerter. Over the weekend, Huerter seemingly left the door open for Syracuse, saying that would consider prep school for a year if the right situation came along. But that door was slammed shut by City Rocks coach Jimmy Hart in an interview with SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria, on Thursday. “If Syracuse had a 2016 scholarship available they would be offering it to Kevin,” he said to Zagsblog. “And they would be right there. He has an offer for 2017 from Syracuse. [Mike] Hopkins and Gerry McNamara actually were on him earlier than most. He’s staying 2016 so they are out.”
Scout.com’s Josh Gershon posts a new highlight tape for 2017 star guard Hamidou Diallo. The No. 2 shooting guard in the class is hearing from Louisville, NC State, Kansas, Connecticut, Minnesota, Providence, Alabama and Syracuse.
My last note for basketball this week comes from the women’s side, with 2018 prospect Olivia Owens receiving her first scholarship offer from the Orange, her head coach reports on Instagram. He also says that Owens is hearing from UConn, North Carolina, Purdue and Wake Forest.
Switching over to football, in late July, 2017 running back Kevin Mensah put Syracuse in his top six along with BC, Florida, Arizona State, UMass and Florida State. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister is reporting that he will take an unofficial to Boston College today. Mensah is a 5’9″, 185 pound running back from Worcester, Mass.
Maria Torres from Clayton News Daily profiles 2016 Orange commit Darius Stubbs. Found out Stubbs‘ favorite TV show, role model and favorite pre-game foods in this interview.
To wrap up for the week, Duane Rankin from the Montgomery Advertiser writes that TE/DE Sidney Mims has offers from Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Navy and Hampton, and is receiving interest from North Carolina and Yale. Mims posted on his Twitter account that the Orange extended an offer back in May.
Have a great weekend, everyone.
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017