Are you left-handed? Well then, pat yourself on your back (with your dominant hand), because it’s Left Handers Day. On to recruiting…
2017 Plant (Florida) High School wide receiver Juwan Burgess updated his recruitment status on Wednesday afternoon, saying that North Carolina was “added to the mix.” His other schools of interest include Syracuse, Clemson, Florida, Va. Tech, FSU and Miami. He is the teammate of SU commits Rex Culpepper and Scoop Bradshaw.
SMU commit David Moore received his official offer from Syracuse, he wrote on Twitter on Tuesday evening. Syracuse got involved when linebacker Adam Giordano quit the Syracuse football team, which opened up a scholarship. Syracuse currently only has one QB commitment (Culpepper) in the 2016 class, and now it appears the staff is looking for two.
2016 3-star linebacker Tyreek Williams committed to Buffalo on Tuesday night, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer’s Philip Anastasia. Williams had offers from Buffalo, Army, Navy and Temple according to Rivals.com. Williams had been in touch with Syracuse, and attended SU’s came in June, but never received an offer.
2017 Florida wide receiver, Daewood Davis, committed to Syracuse in late June. Yesterday, he tweeted, “Can’t wait to take my visits to Syracuse.” Davis committed to the Orange over 11 other offers including Cincinnati, Duke, Indiana and NC State according to 247 Sports.
Staying in the 2017 class, four-star defensive back Jermani Brown is drawing interest from Ohio State, Missouri and Michigan in the Big Ten and Arizona State, Boise State and Utah in the Pac-12 according to Rivals.com’s Adam Gorney. Syracuse was Brown’s first offer back in October.
We’ll finish football news with 2016 Syracuse commit Jamal Holloway. The Camden defensive end spoke with Todderick Hunt from NJ Advance Media about his decision in retrospect. “It feels great, honestly,” Holloway said. “It feels like Syracuse is the best place for me.”
Only one note for hoops today. Courtside Films just released a summer 2015 mixtape for 2017 guard Trevon Duval. They call him the best guard in 2017, “hands down.” Watch the video and see for yourself, but one thing can’t be debated: The kid knows how to get buckets. Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Syracuse, UConn, Seton Hall and Rutgers have all offered Duval.
Have a great Thursday, everyone.
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017