On Thursdays over the summer, The Juice Online is going to highlight individual players on the 2015 Syracuse football team. This week, we’re profiling receiver Brisly Estime.
Syracuse struggled mightily on offense last season, finishing 121st overall in the NCAA at just 17.1 points per game, and 105th overall with 184.1 passing yards per game.
A lot of SU’s woes had to do with injuries to their top playmakers, including quarterback Terrel Hunt and receiver Brisly Estime. Estime played in just five games last season, missing seven due to a foot injury.
When he was able to play, Estime was effective. In a 31-15 loss to then-No. 8 Notre Dame, Estime led Syracuse with four receptions for 58 yards. But Estime finished with just 10 receptions for 140 yards in an otherwise disappointing 2014.
Estime was hurt in the early part of spring practice, but returned to play in the spring game. The junior receiver caught two passes for 43 yards.
“It’s good to see Brisly back out there,” Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer said after the spring game. “He’s healthy, running around.”
A healthy Estime was one of the bright spots in SU’s 2013 season.
As a true freshman, Estime racked up 28 receptions for 257 yards in 11 games. He is perhaps best known for 70-yard return that set up the winning touchdown in SU’s 21-17 victory over Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.
Shafer is hoping Estime can recapture some of that spark in his third year at SU.
“He’s had a great offseason,” Shafer said at SU media day. “He killed all the testing, ran extremely fast in his sprints. He’s ready to roll, anxious and ready to roll.”
- Birthdate: December 1992
- Hometown: Delray Beach, Fla.
- High School: Atlantic Community
- Position: Receiver
- Class: Junior
- Height: 5’9″
- Weight: 170 lbs
Career highlights: As a true freshman, Estime racked up 28 receptions for 257 yards in 11 games. He is perhaps best known for 70-yard return that set up the winning touchdown in SU’s 21-17 victory over Minnesota in the Texas Bowl.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017