Today is National Son’s and Daughter’s Day, so if you haven’t already said hello to your children, make sure you do!
Let’s get started with basketball today. There’s been a lot of chatter about 2017 guard Trevon Duval recently, and for good reason. Duval just visited UCLA last week, and he’s at or near the top of every single recruiting service’s top 5 in his class. Duval tells NJ.com’s Jeremy Schneider that Duval has been in touch with John Calipari, though he hasn’t received an offer yet. Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Syracuse, UConn, Seton Hall and Rutgers have all offered Duval. Inside Carolina’s Sean Moran also caught up with him, and Duval said he’s in regular contact with the Tar Heels. “I don’t know when exactly, but I’m going to take a visit,” Duval said.
2016 guard Kevin Huerter was our lead story yesterday, and he’s newsworthy again today because he’s set up official visits to Maryland on Sept. 5 and Notre Dame Sept. 25 according to 247 Sports’ Jeff Ermann. Huerter recently said he’s staying in the class of 2016, and trimmed his list to Maryland, Notre Dame, Michigan, Villanova, Creighton and Iowa, but as we mentioned yesterday, he left the door open to Syracuse.
One last note on basketball: Former Syracuse hoops recruit Eddie Ekiyor was involved in a hit-and-run incident recently. The Canadian big man is in the class of 2016, and has 10 offers according to 247 Sports. Syracuse had shown interest, but never offered.
The biggest news in the Syracuse football recruiting world centers around the ineligibility of four-star safety Marquise Blair. The story was first reported by Scout.com’s Mike McAllister, who also mentions that Syracuse will continue to “go hard” after Blair after he is eligible.
In the 2017 class, four-star running back AJ Dillon called Syracuse “enticing” and wants to take another visit, according to Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Dillon recently visited a bunch of southern schools, but distance from home may place a factor for Dillon. He currently has offers from Connecticut, UMass, Virginia, BC, Syracuse and Temple.
To close for the day, Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey writes about Plant (Tampa) High School 4-star WR Juwan Burgess. He named Syracuse to his top 10 on Friday, and has kept SU in mind despite offers from many other high-majors. “Syracuse has better, to me, better opportunities (than some bigger schools),” Burgess said.
Have a great Tuesday, everyone.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017