Today is National Son’s and Daughter’s Day, so if you haven’t already said hello to your children, make sure you do!
Let’s get started with basketball today. There’s been a lot of chatter about 2017 guard Trevon Duval recently, and for good reason. Duval just visited UCLA last week, and he’s at or near the top of every single recruiting service’s top 5 in his class. Duval tells NJ.com’s Jeremy Schneider that Duval has been in touch with John Calipari, though he hasn’t received an offer yet. Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Maryland, Syracuse, UConn, Seton Hall and Rutgers have all offered Duval. Inside Carolina’s Sean Moran also caught up with him, and Duval said he’s in regular contact with the Tar Heels. “I don’t know when exactly, but I’m going to take a visit,” Duval said.
2016 guard Kevin Huerter was our lead story yesterday, and he’s newsworthy again today because he’s set up official visits to Maryland on Sept. 5 and Notre Dame Sept. 25 according to 247 Sports’ Jeff Ermann. Huerter recently said he’s staying in the class of 2016, and trimmed his list to Maryland, Notre Dame, Michigan, Villanova, Creighton and Iowa, but as we mentioned yesterday, he left the door open to Syracuse.
One last note on basketball: Former Syracuse hoops recruit Eddie Ekiyor was involved in a hit-and-run incident recently. The Canadian big man is in the class of 2016, and has 10 offers according to 247 Sports. Syracuse had shown interest, but never offered.
The biggest news in the Syracuse football recruiting world centers around the ineligibility of four-star safety Marquise Blair. The story was first reported by Scout.com’s Mike McAllister, who also mentions that Syracuse will continue to “go hard” after Blair after he is eligible.
In the 2017 class, four-star running back AJ Dillon called Syracuse “enticing” and wants to take another visit, according to Rivals.com’s Scott Brown. Dillon recently visited a bunch of southern schools, but distance from home may place a factor for Dillon. He currently has offers from Connecticut, UMass, Virginia, BC, Syracuse and Temple.
To close for the day, Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey writes about Plant (Tampa) High School 4-star WR Juwan Burgess. He named Syracuse to his top 10 on Friday, and has kept SU in mind despite offers from many other high-majors. “Syracuse has better, to me, better opportunities (than some bigger schools),” Burgess said.
Have a great Tuesday, everyone.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017