On this Friday in August, we salute our troops by recognizing Purple Heart Day, a tradition that was started by George Washington in 1782.
We’ve got several football stories that we’re tracking for you today. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister catches up with 2017 four-star receiver Anthony White Jr. White holds offers from eight schools including Syracuse, Bowling Green, Cincinnati, Illinois, Kentucky, LSU, NC State and USF. He specifically mentioned Syracuse as one of his top suitors. “Overall they have been showing lots of love,” White said.
Elsewhere in the football recruiting world, Syracuse offered two-star 2017 outside linebacker Dytarious Johnson, he wrote on his Twitter feed. The Prattville, Alabama product committed to Michigan in early June over offers from Alabama State, Georgia Southern, Geogia State, Jacksonville State, Memphis, South Alabama and Troy, according to Rivals.com. Don’t count on flipping Johnson, though. 247 Sports (where he is rated three stars) lists him as a hard commit to the Wolverines.
As for this recruiting cycle, one name to keep an eye out for as Syracuse wraps up its 2016 class is tight end Mark Michaud, writes Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey. The 6-foot-4, 225-pound New Jersey prospect was offered by the Orange earlier in the week and there appears to be mutual interest. “They’ve got good academics; I’m real big on academics,” Michaud said. “I’m planning on visiting during the school year.” According to Rivals.com, Michaud didn’t receive an offer in the 2015 cycle from the Orange, but did have offers from Purdue and Marshall, among others. While we’re on the topic of Bailey, he came on to chat about recruiting with us yesterday on The Juice on the Cuse podcast.
2017 running back Mike Epstein committed to Illinois last night. Epstein had six offers, and selected the Illini over UCF and Cincinnati according to Scout.com’s Ryan Easterling. Epstein had previously taken an unofficial visit to Syracuse back in March.
Finally, on the hardwood, 2016 Rochester native Quinton Rose committed to Temple. Syracuse had shown some interest in Rose earlier in the year, but Rose never received an offer from the Orange. Other schools looking at Rose included Wake Forest, Miami, SMU, Rutgers, Seton Hall, Minnesota and George Washington. The story was first reported by Scout.com’s Evan Daniels.
That’s it for today. Have a great weekend, everyone!
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 83, Colgate 55 - November 11, 2016