Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in to chat about the latest in Orange football recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Senior Columnist Steve Auger calls in after to look ahead to the 2015 football season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: One of the articles you wrote after Moe Neal committed to Syracuse was about Neal trying to flip Penn State commit Christian Colon to the Orange. How likely is that?
Stephen Bailey: Christian Colon is definitely a name to pay attention to as Syracuse rounds out this 2016 class. He’s been friends with Moe Neal and Robert Washington since before high school. They’ve talked about playing together. I haven’t spoken with Christian since Moe said he’s going to try to flip him toward Syracuse. To me the most interesting thing is that James Franklin would pull his offer if he went to visit another school. So that will be the tell tale sign if you see Christian setting up visits to other schools.
WC: Besides Colon, who else could fill out this Syracuse class?
SB: They’ll be three more guys in the rest of the class. Maybe four. The key for 2016 is keeping under the 85 cap on their roster. Eric Burrell, a safety out of Maryland, he was really impressed with his unofficial visit this weekend. I think we’ll see him take an official visit. Cycoby Burch and Devon Clarke, defensive backs from Florida, those may be on the back burner if Syracuse doesn’t get Burrell, but I think Syracuse will definitely add another defensive back. Syracuse will probably want to add another defensive tackle. If not Colon, Bo Peek, a defensive tackle from Tampa, currently committed to Stanford. The interesting thing about him is that he’s transferring to Plant High School where Syracuse commits Rex Culpepper and Scoop Bradshaw already play. He’ll probably have a couple of Syracuse guys in his ear. That would be a big pick-up for Syracuse.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in
2. Moe Neal commitment
3. Christian Colon and other recruits
4. Prediction of four wins for the 2015 season
5. Juice Online Senior Columnist Steve Auger calls in
6. Recent recruiting wins
7. How many wins will Syracuse get?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016