Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in to chat about the latest in Orange football recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Senior Columnist Steve Auger calls in after to look ahead to the 2015 football season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: One of the articles you wrote after Moe Neal committed to Syracuse was about Neal trying to flip Penn State commit Christian Colon to the Orange. How likely is that?
Stephen Bailey: Christian Colon is definitely a name to pay attention to as Syracuse rounds out this 2016 class. He’s been friends with Moe Neal and Robert Washington since before high school. They’ve talked about playing together. I haven’t spoken with Christian since Moe said he’s going to try to flip him toward Syracuse. To me the most interesting thing is that James Franklin would pull his offer if he went to visit another school. So that will be the tell tale sign if you see Christian setting up visits to other schools.
WC: Besides Colon, who else could fill out this Syracuse class?
SB: They’ll be three more guys in the rest of the class. Maybe four. The key for 2016 is keeping under the 85 cap on their roster. Eric Burrell, a safety out of Maryland, he was really impressed with his unofficial visit this weekend. I think we’ll see him take an official visit. Cycoby Burch and Devon Clarke, defensive backs from Florida, those may be on the back burner if Syracuse doesn’t get Burrell, but I think Syracuse will definitely add another defensive back. Syracuse will probably want to add another defensive tackle. If not Colon, Bo Peek, a defensive tackle from Tampa, currently committed to Stanford. The interesting thing about him is that he’s transferring to Plant High School where Syracuse commits Rex Culpepper and Scoop Bradshaw already play. He’ll probably have a couple of Syracuse guys in his ear. That would be a big pick-up for Syracuse.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Syracuse.com’s Stephen Bailey calls in
2. Moe Neal commitment
3. Christian Colon and other recruits
4. Prediction of four wins for the 2015 season
5. Juice Online Senior Columnist Steve Auger calls in
6. Recent recruiting wins
7. How many wins will Syracuse get?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017