Happy ‘Wiggle Your Toes Day’ from all of us at The Juice Online. Yes, that’s actually a thing…
Starting with basketball, the line is getting awfully long for 2017 combo guard Hamidou Diallo. Kansas is the latest to jump into the Diallo sweepstakes according to SNY.tv’s very own, Adam Zagoria. Diallo also holds offers from UConn, Florida, Villanova, Maryland, Louisville, N.C. State, Indiana, Seton Hall, Iowa State, UMass, Minnesota and Providence. He has not received an offer from Syracuse yet, but Scout.com’s Brian Snow reports that Diallo has been hearing a lot from the Orange. “They want me to make an unofficial visit for their elite camp,” Diallo said. “I would hang out with the coaches and get to know them, so I might do that.”
Staying with the class of 2017, Syracuse is still in the hunt for Michael Porter Jr. The five-star forward put the Orange in his top 10 along with Washington, Duke, Missouri, Stanford, Kentucky, UCLA, Syracuse, Indiana, Kansas and Virginia.
Another story that Zagoria has been tracking is the recruitment of Kassoum Yakwe. The 6-foot-7, 205 pound wing from Our Savior New American will be taking an official visit to St. John’s from Aug. 13-15. When I spoke to Yakwe last year, he said that Syracuse was one of the schools that was pursuing him the most, and the Orange is one of his 18 offers according to 247 Sports. But Yakwe will either enroll in college in the 2015 cycle or take a year in prep school and matriculate in 2016. Either way, given Syracuse’s scholarship crunch, it’s hard to see him landing in Orange.
As a side note before we switch to football, another former Syracuse recruit, Cheick Diallo, is still waiting for clearance from the NCAA to play at Kansas. ESPN’s Jay Bilas is not pleased about this.
Moving to football, Scout.com’s Mike McAllister caught up with recent Syracuse offeree Ethan Wiederkehr who visited SU earlier this week. “I had a great visit,” Wiederkehr said. “The facilities are awesome and the coaches seem like really great guys who want their athletes to really succeed on and off the field.” We noted on Tuesday that Wiederkehr had tweeted about his Syracuse offer, and also holds offers from Maryland, Rutgers and Wake Forest.
Speaking of Twitter, 2016 DE Rashad Weaver posted his official offer letter from Syracuse. However, Weaver committed to Michigan in mid-June. He’s rated three stars by 247 Sports and had offers from nine schools, including Illinois and Temple.
And in closing, the Orange also lost out on 2016 two-way St. Louis prospect Jerod Alton. The defensive back/running back pledged to Missouri late Tuesday evening via Twitter, picking Mizzou over offers from Illinois, Iowa and Syracuse, among others. He is not rated by Rivals and has a two-star rating on Scout.
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017