Happy Tuesday, everyone! Today’s edition of the recruiting roundup is all football, all the time.
Stanford defensive tackle commit Bo Peek announced his transfer to Plant High School late Sunday night. Why is that significant to Syracuse? Well, two of Peek’s future teammates will be a pair of Syracuse commits: QB Rex Culpepper and DB Scoop Bradshaw. Syracuse was one of 23 schools that offered Peek, according to 247 Sports. The Orange was high on Peek before his commitment, and is still in need of a defensive tackle in its 2016 class.
Elsewhere, if you were paying attention on Twitter today, you would have noticed that several Syracuse recruits took to posting pictures of their official offer letters. Let’s start with Florida defensive back Craig Watts, who decommited from Wisconsin in July. At the time, Scout.com’s Corey Bender wrote that natural landing places for Watts included Florida State, Ohio State, Colorado and South Florida. Watts tweeted his official offer letter from Syracuse yesterday. Scout has him ranked at No. 22 at safety in the 2016 class. Perhaps Syracuse can pull a page from their recruitment of Jake Pickard, who picked SU over Wisconsin last year.
In the same vein, 2016 defensive back Elijah Daniels also took to Twitter and posted a picture of his official offer letter from Syracuse. However, Daniels and his brother, Elisha, committed to Minnesota back in June. 2016 defensive tackle Aaron Thompson Jr. also posted his letter. The Florida product has 25 offers according to 247 Sports, including South Carolina, Miami, LSU and Clemson.
Some offerees went the more traditional route of just tweeting the offer itself. We found out yesterday that Syracuse offered 2017 recruit Ethan Wiederkehr. Wiederkehr is a 6’5″, 255 pound defensive end from Shoreham-Wading River High School in New York. He also holds offers from Maryland, Rutgers and Wake Forest according to Scout.com.
Then again, Twitter is so 2014, am I right? 2016 tight end Mark Michaud announced his Syracuse offer via Instagram. According to Rivals.com, Michaud didn’t receive an offer in the 2015 cycle from the Orange, but did have offers from Purdue and Marshall, among others.
Finally, to close for the day, 247 Sports’s JC Shurburtt does a nice write up on 2017 offensive tackle Isaiah Wilson from Brooklyn, NY. He’s already got 17 offers including from high-majors Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Ohio State, Penn State, UCLA, and, of course, Syracuse. Shurburtt says that Wilson can be the next Cam Robinson or Laremy Tunsil. Wow.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016