Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey calls in to chat about The Basketball Tournament with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about ACC kickoff and a busy week with the football team.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Do you see Boeheim’s Army returning in 2016?
Kevin Belbey: Hopefully we can come back and win it next year. I think that’s the plan. Everyone had a really great time. We played well and it’s a brotherhood with all of those guys having played at Syracuse. A lot of those guys never played together, but immediately upon seeing each other, it was like they were part of the fraternity. Competing for a million dollars was great, but they had a great time being together and being around each other. It wouldn’t be difficult to get guys interested and to bring everyone back for a second go around.
WC: Do you already have commitments lined up for next year?
KB: I didn’t want to talk about it right after the loss. It was tough for guys. But I know everyone had such a great time being together. Baye Moussa Keita already has said I want to do this next year. I didn’t ask too many guys because they’re still sulking about the loss, but hopefully sooner rather than later we can have a discussion.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey calls in
2. Disappointing ending to TBT
3. Will there be a 2016 team?
4. Who is one guy you’d love to get next year?
5. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Recapping ACC Kickoff
7. Ashton Broyld dismissal
8. Jamal Holloway, Moe Neal
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016