Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey calls in to chat about The Basketball Tournament with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about ACC kickoff and a busy week with the football team.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Do you see Boeheim’s Army returning in 2016?
Kevin Belbey: Hopefully we can come back and win it next year. I think that’s the plan. Everyone had a really great time. We played well and it’s a brotherhood with all of those guys having played at Syracuse. A lot of those guys never played together, but immediately upon seeing each other, it was like they were part of the fraternity. Competing for a million dollars was great, but they had a great time being together and being around each other. It wouldn’t be difficult to get guys interested and to bring everyone back for a second go around.
WC: Do you already have commitments lined up for next year?
KB: I didn’t want to talk about it right after the loss. It was tough for guys. But I know everyone had such a great time being together. Baye Moussa Keita already has said I want to do this next year. I didn’t ask too many guys because they’re still sulking about the loss, but hopefully sooner rather than later we can have a discussion.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Boeheim’s Army general manager Kevin Belbey calls in
2. Disappointing ending to TBT
3. Will there be a 2016 team?
4. Who is one guy you’d love to get next year?
5. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. Recapping ACC Kickoff
7. Ashton Broyld dismissal
8. Jamal Holloway, Moe Neal
9. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017