Camden (N.J.) class of 2016 defensive end Jamal Holloway has committed to the Syracuse Orange football program. The 6-3, 215-pounder held upwards of 15 offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia and others, but felt most comfortable at Syracuse in the end.
Calvert Hall (Towson, Md.) linebacker Tyshon Fogg, a four-star recruit, will visit Rutgers Wednesday. A 6-2, 215-pounder, Fogg also holds offers from Maryland, Stanford, Clemson, Michigan State, Syracuse and others, with Maryland perceived to hold an early lead.
Melo Eggleston was named to Team Armoni for the Big Strick Regional Game, set for Aug. 8 at the Gauchos Gym. The doors will open at 4:15 p.m. The event starts at 5 with a 3-point Contest and a Dunk Contest, and then the Regional Game at about 6 p.m., with the National Game at about 8 p.m.
A tweet from Jordan Tucker’s Twitter account announced Sunday that he has committed to enroll at Syracuse University in 2017 to continue his basketball career. Given that the 6-foot-7 Archbishop Stepinac wing is highly coveted — Arizona, Indiana, Maryland, St. John’s, UConn and Virginia are but a few of the two dozen other programs that have offered — that was pretty big news. It was also totally false; Tucker is still sorting through offers, the latest of which came from Kansas over the weekend.
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017
- 2017 NCAA Tournament: A look at Syracuse lacrosse’s first round matchup against Yale - May 11, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse will finish off regular season with trip to Colgate - May 5, 2017