Camden (N.J.) class of 2016 defensive end Jamal Holloway has committed to the Syracuse Orange football program. The 6-3, 215-pounder held upwards of 15 offers from Pitt, Arizona State, Michigan State, North Carolina, Rutgers, West Virginia, Virginia and others, but felt most comfortable at Syracuse in the end.
Calvert Hall (Towson, Md.) linebacker Tyshon Fogg, a four-star recruit, will visit Rutgers Wednesday. A 6-2, 215-pounder, Fogg also holds offers from Maryland, Stanford, Clemson, Michigan State, Syracuse and others, with Maryland perceived to hold an early lead.
Melo Eggleston was named to Team Armoni for the Big Strick Regional Game, set for Aug. 8 at the Gauchos Gym. The doors will open at 4:15 p.m. The event starts at 5 with a 3-point Contest and a Dunk Contest, and then the Regional Game at about 6 p.m., with the National Game at about 8 p.m.
A tweet from Jordan Tucker’s Twitter account announced Sunday that he has committed to enroll at Syracuse University in 2017 to continue his basketball career. Given that the 6-foot-7 Archbishop Stepinac wing is highly coveted — Arizona, Indiana, Maryland, St. John’s, UConn and Virginia are but a few of the two dozen other programs that have offered — that was pretty big news. It was also totally false; Tucker is still sorting through offers, the latest of which came from Kansas over the weekend.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017