Jamal Holloway will announce his choice between finalists Temple, Syracuse, Old Dominion and Pittsburgh on Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Camden High School gymnasium, according to coach Dwayne Savage. The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Holloway had 37 tackles for loss, six sacks and six hurries last year.
On Saturday, Patrick Kearns visited Virginia Tech and he committed to the Hokies in head coach Frank Beamer’s office. Kearns is a 6-foot-6, 270 pound offensive tackle out of Rome (Ga.) Darlington and he chose VT over Georgia Tech and NC State. This could be a steal in the end for the Hokies. He has good size and his best football is ahead of him.
Michael Porter, if you’re just getting acquainted, is a small forward who ranks as the No. 2 overall basketball recruit in the class of 2017, according to a consensus of recruiting rankings. If you remove St. Louis from the equation, he is perhaps the best recruit from the state of Missouri since at least JaRon Rush in the late 1990s. Porter has earned the nicknamed “Baby Kevin Durant,” and his skill set borders on the absurd.
Trevon Duval – The No. 5 overall player in the class of 2017, Duval has cemented his status as the No. 1 point guard in his class. His decision making and feel for the game are next level and he can dominate as either a scorer or passer. His defense has likely been undersold.
Canadian big man Eddie Ekiyor undoubtedly helped himself at Nike Global Challenge and most likely vaulted himself into high-major status with some of the best college coaches in the country on hand. Ekiyor is a physical, high-motor big man who can really rebound, move, and defend his position. Ekiyor is no dud offensively either, as he possesses soft hands and touch around the rim, and has very solid footwork for a player his age.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016