Jamal Holloway will announce his choice between finalists Temple, Syracuse, Old Dominion and Pittsburgh on Tuesday at 1 p.m. in the Camden High School gymnasium, according to coach Dwayne Savage. The 6-foot-5, 230-pound Holloway had 37 tackles for loss, six sacks and six hurries last year.
On Saturday, Patrick Kearns visited Virginia Tech and he committed to the Hokies in head coach Frank Beamer’s office. Kearns is a 6-foot-6, 270 pound offensive tackle out of Rome (Ga.) Darlington and he chose VT over Georgia Tech and NC State. This could be a steal in the end for the Hokies. He has good size and his best football is ahead of him.
Michael Porter, if you’re just getting acquainted, is a small forward who ranks as the No. 2 overall basketball recruit in the class of 2017, according to a consensus of recruiting rankings. If you remove St. Louis from the equation, he is perhaps the best recruit from the state of Missouri since at least JaRon Rush in the late 1990s. Porter has earned the nicknamed “Baby Kevin Durant,” and his skill set borders on the absurd.
Trevon Duval – The No. 5 overall player in the class of 2017, Duval has cemented his status as the No. 1 point guard in his class. His decision making and feel for the game are next level and he can dominate as either a scorer or passer. His defense has likely been undersold.
Canadian big man Eddie Ekiyor undoubtedly helped himself at Nike Global Challenge and most likely vaulted himself into high-major status with some of the best college coaches in the country on hand. Ekiyor is a physical, high-motor big man who can really rebound, move, and defend his position. Ekiyor is no dud offensively either, as he possesses soft hands and touch around the rim, and has very solid footwork for a player his age.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017