On Thursdays over the summer, The Juice Online is going to highlight individual players on the 2015 Syracuse football team. This week, we’re profiling wide receiver Adly Enoicy.
There wasn’t much offense to speak of at Syracuse’s 2015 spring game this season.
That is to say, there was only one touchdown pass the entire afternoon.
But that pass, a 36-yard strike from backup quarterback Austin Wilson, was to wide receiver Adly Enoicy, and provided a glimpse into the future of the Syracuse receiving core.
“Adly Enoicy made a couple of nice catches in there,” Syracuse head coach Scott Shafer said after the game.
At 6’5″, 227 pounds, Enoicy will be a big target (literally, and hopefully, metaphorically) for quarterback Terrel Hunt this season.
The combination of Eniocy and sophomore Steve Ishmael (6’2″, 200 pounds) could help sure up a passing game that threw for just 184.1 yards per game last season, which was 105th in the NCAA. Ishmael also had a nifty 30-yard reception, and he finished the spring game leading all receivers with 59 yards on four receptions.
The two should allow Hunt to take more chances down field, something that was rarely attempted last season with injuries across the board.
“We’re looking forward to opening it up and getting the ball down field this year,” Shafer said.
“I’m pleased with the kids’ progress. They (Enoicy and Ishmael) are some big targets. Both kids have the opportunity to go up and get the ball.”
Inside slant: You can’t coach height, and Enoicy has plenty of it. The redshirt freshman oozes potential, and if he can realize some of it, Syracuse can open up the field in the way Shafer envisions.
- Birthdate: August 1995
- Hometown: Delray Beach, Florida
- High School: Atlantic Community
- Position: Wide Receiver
- Class: Redshirt Freshman
- Height: 6’5″
- Weight: 227 lbs
Career highlights: At Atlantic Community High School, Enoicy was selected for the 2014 Florida-Georgia All-Star Game. He was captain of his team as a senior.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 30, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse begins recruitment of Billy Preston - September 30, 2016
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016