Tyus Battle has committed to Syracuse.
The 2016 guard had originally committed to Michigan in May, but decommitted in June and immediately took an official visit to Syracuse. Other schools involved in Battle’s recruiting process included Duke, Kentucky, Louisville and Ohio State.
The commitment was first reported by ESPN.
Syracuse’s 2016 recruiting class includes wing Matt Moyer. According to Scout, Battle is the No. 20 recruit in his class.
Over the weekend, Syracuse assistant coach Red Autry watched Battle when Battle played for the first time with New Heights at the Under Armour Association finals in Suwanee, Ga.
“I wanted to be closer to home,” Battle said to ESPN. “They told me I could be a versatile guard who could have the ball in my hands a lot.”
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017