Tyus Battle has committed to Syracuse.
The 2016 guard had originally committed to Michigan in May, but decommitted in June and immediately took an official visit to Syracuse. Other schools involved in Battle’s recruiting process included Duke, Kentucky, Louisville and Ohio State.
The commitment was first reported by ESPN.
Syracuse’s 2016 recruiting class includes wing Matt Moyer. According to Scout, Battle is the No. 20 recruit in his class.
Over the weekend, Syracuse assistant coach Red Autry watched Battle when Battle played for the first time with New Heights at the Under Armour Association finals in Suwanee, Ga.
“I wanted to be closer to home,” Battle said to ESPN. “They told me I could be a versatile guard who could have the ball in my hands a lot.”
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016