Scout.com’s Mike McAllister calls in to chat about the latest in Syracuse basketball and football recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about the 2015 football season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: 2016 guard Tyus Battle committed to Michigan in May, then decommitted in June and took a visit to Syracuse. What’s the latest with Battle, and do you see Syracuse as the favorite to land him?
Mike McAllister: I do think Syracuse is the favorite right now, mainly because, what other options are there? Duke and Louisville were thought to be real threats to Syracuse because he committed to Michigan, but it seems like they’ve dropped off a little bit. Michigan is still there, but it’s rare that someone decommits from a school and then recommits, especially after visiting other schools in the meantime. UConn was another school that could’ve gotten a fifth visit from him, yet they’ve picked up a commitment from 4-star guard Alterique Gilbert, so that takes them out of the running. That puts Syracuse in the forefront. His visit went very well.
WC: The Orange lost out on Tre Bryant earlier in the week, but is that a big loss with the recruitment of Moe Neal for that hybrid position?
MM: I like Moe Neal better for that hybrid position. I think he’s got more speed. He’s a little more elusive in the open field. He’s a little more of a play maker. If you’re talking about a traditional running back type, I think Tre Bryant is more that guy. I think if Syracuse didn’t have Robert Washington in the mix, losing out on Bryant would be a bigger deal and not to say he couldn’t play the hybrid position, but Moe Neal is a better fit for that and he’s friends with Robert Washington. Moe Neal is a better fit for Syracuse.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister calls in
2. Latest on Tyus Battle
3. What if Battle doesn’t pick Syracuse?
4. Syracuse football recruiting
5. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. A look to the 2015 season
7. Will Syracuse make a bowl game?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 60, St. John’s 93 - December 21, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Georgetown 78 - December 17, 2016