Scout.com’s Mike McAllister calls in to chat about the latest in Syracuse basketball and football recruiting with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about the 2015 football season.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: 2016 guard Tyus Battle committed to Michigan in May, then decommitted in June and took a visit to Syracuse. What’s the latest with Battle, and do you see Syracuse as the favorite to land him?
Mike McAllister: I do think Syracuse is the favorite right now, mainly because, what other options are there? Duke and Louisville were thought to be real threats to Syracuse because he committed to Michigan, but it seems like they’ve dropped off a little bit. Michigan is still there, but it’s rare that someone decommits from a school and then recommits, especially after visiting other schools in the meantime. UConn was another school that could’ve gotten a fifth visit from him, yet they’ve picked up a commitment from 4-star guard Alterique Gilbert, so that takes them out of the running. That puts Syracuse in the forefront. His visit went very well.
WC: The Orange lost out on Tre Bryant earlier in the week, but is that a big loss with the recruitment of Moe Neal for that hybrid position?
MM: I like Moe Neal better for that hybrid position. I think he’s got more speed. He’s a little more elusive in the open field. He’s a little more of a play maker. If you’re talking about a traditional running back type, I think Tre Bryant is more that guy. I think if Syracuse didn’t have Robert Washington in the mix, losing out on Bryant would be a bigger deal and not to say he couldn’t play the hybrid position, but Moe Neal is a better fit for that and he’s friends with Robert Washington. Moe Neal is a better fit for Syracuse.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. Scout.com’s Mike McAllister calls in
2. Latest on Tyus Battle
3. What if Battle doesn’t pick Syracuse?
4. Syracuse football recruiting
5. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
6. A look to the 2015 season
7. Will Syracuse make a bowl game?
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016