Alterique Gilbert, a 5-foot-10 point guard from Lithonia (GA) Miller Grove, will announce his college choice on Saturday morning, he Tweeted. Gilbert, ranked the No. 6 point guard in the Class of 2016 by 247Sports.com, lists UConn, Syracuse, Illinois, Texas and Louisville, with UConn considered the favorite as it’s the only school he visited. “Very excited about announcing my college decision Saturday morning July 4th ! Stay tuned in,” he Tweeted.
Kassoum Yakwe has been named the the Nike EYBL Defensive Player of the Year and is targeting a July decision on his future plans. The 6-foot-7, 205-pound forward from the PSA Cardinals and Our Savior New American averaged 3.1 blocks and 6.3 rebounds per game en route to the award. He is the second straight player from the PSA Cardinals program to win Defensive Player of the Year honors, following incoming Kansas freshman Cheick Diallo.
JohnCarlo Valentin, the 6-4, 345-pound offensive lineman from Imhotep (Philadelphia, Pa.), is arguably Rutgers’ top remaining offensive line target in the recruiting class of 2016. And it appears the interest is mutual. Valentin, who is of Haitian, Dominican, Hawaiian and African-American descent, says Rutgers, Michigan, Auburn, Temple and Virginia Tech are five schools which stand out at the moment, although not in any particular order.
Led by a second consecutive double-double from Harry Giles, the United States moved into the quarterfinals at the FIBA U19 World Championship by beating Argentina 93-45 in Crete, Greece. Giles (Wesleyan Christian Academy; Winston-Salem, N.C.) finished with 17 points on 7 of 10 from the field and added 12 rebounds and a blocked shot in his 17 minutes. Giles is averaging team highs of 14 points and 8.5 rebounds per game as the Americans are 4-0.
Mad Ants forward C.J. Fair will get his chance to impress Boston’s brass in the near future, as Fair will suit up for the Celtics in summer league play. The Orlando, Utah, and Las Vegas summer leagues will take place over the next two weeks. Fair averaged 13.9 points and 5.7 rebounds a game last season in Fort Wayne.
- Zaire Franklin — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - July 18, 2017
- Pittsburgh Panthers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 17, 2017
- NC State Wolfpack — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - July 10, 2017
- Ryan Blackwell on Boeheim’s Army, Mike Hopkins leaving, favorite Syracuse moment - July 7, 2017
- LSU Tigers — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 29, 2017
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017