ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in to chat about former Syracuse players Chris McCullough and Rakeem Christmas, and their NBA chances with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about Mark Coyle, the new Syracuse athletics director.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Dave, do you like Rakeem Christmas going to the Cavaliers, and do you see a future for him there?
Dave McMenamin: I think in terms of him having a roster spot, yes. The Cavs are going to be so cap strapped this summer resigning the guys they intend to that they’re going to need guys on lower scale contracts. Certainly, Rak would apply to that conversation because he’s a second round draft pick and not a guaranteed contract. Whether he can turn that roster spot into a spot as a productive member of the team remains to be seen. But of course we saw grow at Syracuse. It leads me to believe that he’s someone who will continue to work hard and impress people with that work ethic and hopefully get that shot.
WC: Chris McCullough went to the Brooklyn Nets. Do you like that fit for him?
DM: I think when you’re drafted late in the first round, sometimes you luck out with it like Tony Parker. BUt there are plenty of other guys whose name you can’t remember. I think there’s upside potential to Chris. Before he got hurt, we saw that he has that good looking midrange jump shot. We saw his length and if he bulks up, he can be an effective defender. We saw that he can run in the open court.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in
2. Rakeem Christmas
3. Chris McCullough
4. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
5. Mark Coyle being named the new Syracuse Athletics Director
6. Scott Shafer and the schedule
7. Mike Hopkins as the official successor to Jim Boeheim
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016