ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in to chat about former Syracuse players Chris McCullough and Rakeem Christmas, and their NBA chances with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about Mark Coyle, the new Syracuse athletics director.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Dave, do you like Rakeem Christmas going to the Cavaliers, and do you see a future for him there?
Dave McMenamin: I think in terms of him having a roster spot, yes. The Cavs are going to be so cap strapped this summer resigning the guys they intend to that they’re going to need guys on lower scale contracts. Certainly, Rak would apply to that conversation because he’s a second round draft pick and not a guaranteed contract. Whether he can turn that roster spot into a spot as a productive member of the team remains to be seen. But of course we saw grow at Syracuse. It leads me to believe that he’s someone who will continue to work hard and impress people with that work ethic and hopefully get that shot.
WC: Chris McCullough went to the Brooklyn Nets. Do you like that fit for him?
DM: I think when you’re drafted late in the first round, sometimes you luck out with it like Tony Parker. BUt there are plenty of other guys whose name you can’t remember. I think there’s upside potential to Chris. Before he got hurt, we saw that he has that good looking midrange jump shot. We saw his length and if he bulks up, he can be an effective defender. We saw that he can run in the open court.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in
2. Rakeem Christmas
3. Chris McCullough
4. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
5. Mark Coyle being named the new Syracuse Athletics Director
6. Scott Shafer and the schedule
7. Mike Hopkins as the official successor to Jim Boeheim
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Central Connecticut State 7 - September 1, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army crossing Final Four threshold builds momentum for 2018 - August 22, 2017
- Boston College Eagles — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 21, 2017
- Adelson: Syracuse football ‘will be better’ but bowl game may prove elusive - August 18, 2017
- Ervin Philips — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - August 16, 2017
- Louisville Cardinals — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - August 14, 2017