ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in to chat about former Syracuse players Chris McCullough and Rakeem Christmas, and their NBA chances with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about Mark Coyle, the new Syracuse athletics director.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Dave, do you like Rakeem Christmas going to the Cavaliers, and do you see a future for him there?
Dave McMenamin: I think in terms of him having a roster spot, yes. The Cavs are going to be so cap strapped this summer resigning the guys they intend to that they’re going to need guys on lower scale contracts. Certainly, Rak would apply to that conversation because he’s a second round draft pick and not a guaranteed contract. Whether he can turn that roster spot into a spot as a productive member of the team remains to be seen. But of course we saw grow at Syracuse. It leads me to believe that he’s someone who will continue to work hard and impress people with that work ethic and hopefully get that shot.
WC: Chris McCullough went to the Brooklyn Nets. Do you like that fit for him?
DM: I think when you’re drafted late in the first round, sometimes you luck out with it like Tony Parker. BUt there are plenty of other guys whose name you can’t remember. I think there’s upside potential to Chris. Before he got hurt, we saw that he has that good looking midrange jump shot. We saw his length and if he bulks up, he can be an effective defender. We saw that he can run in the open court.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in
2. Rakeem Christmas
3. Chris McCullough
4. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
5. Mark Coyle being named the new Syracuse Athletics Director
6. Scott Shafer and the schedule
7. Mike Hopkins as the official successor to Jim Boeheim
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017