ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in to chat about former Syracuse players Chris McCullough and Rakeem Christmas, and their NBA chances with host Wesley Cheng on the Juice on the Cuse podcast hosted by SNY.tv. Editor in Chief Brad Bierman also checks in to talk about Mark Coyle, the new Syracuse athletics director.
Here are the highlights from the show:
Wes Cheng: Dave, do you like Rakeem Christmas going to the Cavaliers, and do you see a future for him there?
Dave McMenamin: I think in terms of him having a roster spot, yes. The Cavs are going to be so cap strapped this summer resigning the guys they intend to that they’re going to need guys on lower scale contracts. Certainly, Rak would apply to that conversation because he’s a second round draft pick and not a guaranteed contract. Whether he can turn that roster spot into a spot as a productive member of the team remains to be seen. But of course we saw grow at Syracuse. It leads me to believe that he’s someone who will continue to work hard and impress people with that work ethic and hopefully get that shot.
WC: Chris McCullough went to the Brooklyn Nets. Do you like that fit for him?
DM: I think when you’re drafted late in the first round, sometimes you luck out with it like Tony Parker. BUt there are plenty of other guys whose name you can’t remember. I think there’s upside potential to Chris. Before he got hurt, we saw that he has that good looking midrange jump shot. We saw his length and if he bulks up, he can be an effective defender. We saw that he can run in the open court.
To subscribe, click the link above and then click VIEW IN iTunes, You will then see a button asking you to subscribe to the podcast.
1. ESPN NBA writer Dave McMenamin calls in
2. Rakeem Christmas
3. Chris McCullough
4. Juice Online Editor in Chief Brad Bierman calls in
5. Mark Coyle being named the new Syracuse Athletics Director
6. Scott Shafer and the schedule
7. Mike Hopkins as the official successor to Jim Boeheim
8. Closing Thoughts and Wrap Up
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016