Possessing a size and speed combo that’s coveted by a boatload of programs on the recruiting trail, Syracuse’s coaching staff was brimming with joy when they received word that Daewood Davis bought into their vision and committed to their football program on Monday afternoon. Davis, a product of Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Somorset Academy Charter, just wrapped up his sophomore year and is armed with additional offers from the likes of Louisville, NC State, Nebraska, Marshall, Utah and Florida Atlantic.
Penn State is in the early stages of recruiting junior-to-be running back A.J. Dillon. The Lawrence Academy (Mass.) standout’s current offers include: Virginia, Boston College, UMass, UConn, Syracuse and Temple. However, the young running back worked out with PSU head coach James Franklin and running backs coach Charles Huff during Friday’s camp in Happy Valley.
In the past two weeks, the Syracuse coaching staff wasn’t ready to accept a commitment from one New Jersey linebacker and directed another elsewhere. With likely only one linebacker spot left in its Class of 2016, the Orange has been selective. And on Monday, SU received a pledge from one of its top targets, Camden (N.J.) High School outside linebacker Dymelle Parker. Parker announced the decision on Twitter.
Saint Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers college running back Tre Bryant received an offer from Minnesota late last week becoming one the Gophers first running back offers of the 2016 class. GopherDigest caught up with Bryant to learn more about his new Big Ten offer.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016