Possessing a size and speed combo that’s coveted by a boatload of programs on the recruiting trail, Syracuse’s coaching staff was brimming with joy when they received word that Daewood Davis bought into their vision and committed to their football program on Monday afternoon. Davis, a product of Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Somorset Academy Charter, just wrapped up his sophomore year and is armed with additional offers from the likes of Louisville, NC State, Nebraska, Marshall, Utah and Florida Atlantic.
Penn State is in the early stages of recruiting junior-to-be running back A.J. Dillon. The Lawrence Academy (Mass.) standout’s current offers include: Virginia, Boston College, UMass, UConn, Syracuse and Temple. However, the young running back worked out with PSU head coach James Franklin and running backs coach Charles Huff during Friday’s camp in Happy Valley.
In the past two weeks, the Syracuse coaching staff wasn’t ready to accept a commitment from one New Jersey linebacker and directed another elsewhere. With likely only one linebacker spot left in its Class of 2016, the Orange has been selective. And on Monday, SU received a pledge from one of its top targets, Camden (N.J.) High School outside linebacker Dymelle Parker. Parker announced the decision on Twitter.
Saint Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers college running back Tre Bryant received an offer from Minnesota late last week becoming one the Gophers first running back offers of the 2016 class. GopherDigest caught up with Bryant to learn more about his new Big Ten offer.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017