Possessing a size and speed combo that’s coveted by a boatload of programs on the recruiting trail, Syracuse’s coaching staff was brimming with joy when they received word that Daewood Davis bought into their vision and committed to their football program on Monday afternoon. Davis, a product of Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Somorset Academy Charter, just wrapped up his sophomore year and is armed with additional offers from the likes of Louisville, NC State, Nebraska, Marshall, Utah and Florida Atlantic.
Penn State is in the early stages of recruiting junior-to-be running back A.J. Dillon. The Lawrence Academy (Mass.) standout’s current offers include: Virginia, Boston College, UMass, UConn, Syracuse and Temple. However, the young running back worked out with PSU head coach James Franklin and running backs coach Charles Huff during Friday’s camp in Happy Valley.
In the past two weeks, the Syracuse coaching staff wasn’t ready to accept a commitment from one New Jersey linebacker and directed another elsewhere. With likely only one linebacker spot left in its Class of 2016, the Orange has been selective. And on Monday, SU received a pledge from one of its top targets, Camden (N.J.) High School outside linebacker Dymelle Parker. Parker announced the decision on Twitter.
Saint Louis (Mo.) Christian Brothers college running back Tre Bryant received an offer from Minnesota late last week becoming one the Gophers first running back offers of the 2016 class. GopherDigest caught up with Bryant to learn more about his new Big Ten offer.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017