Before Tuesday, Penn State had no defensive tackle commitments in its class of 2016. Now, it has two. Charlotte, N.C., Independence three-star defensive tackle Christian Colon verbally committed to the Lions Thursday night, picking head coach James Franklin’s program over Pittsburgh, Maryland, UCLA, Syracuse, and North Carolina, among others.
Paschal Chukwu, a 7-foot-2 center who is transferring from Providence College, will visit Syracuse University this weekend, according to a report. Jon Rothstein of CBSsports. com broke the news via Twitter on Thursday. Chukwu has already visited Nebraska, Kansas and Michigan State. Iona and Virginia are also in the mix for the young center.
Rochester (N.Y.) Aquinas Institute athlete Taylor Riggins picked up his first offer on June 15th when in-state Syracuse extended the scholarship opportunity after he impressed during a one day camp. Fast forward 10 days and Riggins took advantage of that offer by committing to the Orange.
Notre Dame is the latest to offer Wexford (Pa.) North Allegheny four-star offensive tackle Joshua Lugg, a class of 2017 recruit. The 6-6, 288-pounder just visited Notre Dame for the first time and impressed the Irish coaching staff with his camp performance. Notre Dame joins the likes of Pitt, Wisconsin, Boston College, Duke, Maryland, Penn State and many others.
Hun junior Fred Hansard, one of the nation’s most coveted defensive linemen in the 2017 recruiting class, was back home in Burlington Township Friday morning and said he plans to stay there for a while. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder with an upside that is nearly has big as he is, had a whirlwind week with stops at Rutgers (last Thursday), Penn State (last Saturday) and Syracuse (Wednesday). Hansard picked up his 13th offer from head coach James Franklin and the Nittany Lions last Saturday.
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016