Before Tuesday, Penn State had no defensive tackle commitments in its class of 2016. Now, it has two. Charlotte, N.C., Independence three-star defensive tackle Christian Colon verbally committed to the Lions Thursday night, picking head coach James Franklin’s program over Pittsburgh, Maryland, UCLA, Syracuse, and North Carolina, among others.
Paschal Chukwu, a 7-foot-2 center who is transferring from Providence College, will visit Syracuse University this weekend, according to a report. Jon Rothstein of CBSsports. com broke the news via Twitter on Thursday. Chukwu has already visited Nebraska, Kansas and Michigan State. Iona and Virginia are also in the mix for the young center.
Rochester (N.Y.) Aquinas Institute athlete Taylor Riggins picked up his first offer on June 15th when in-state Syracuse extended the scholarship opportunity after he impressed during a one day camp. Fast forward 10 days and Riggins took advantage of that offer by committing to the Orange.
Notre Dame is the latest to offer Wexford (Pa.) North Allegheny four-star offensive tackle Joshua Lugg, a class of 2017 recruit. The 6-6, 288-pounder just visited Notre Dame for the first time and impressed the Irish coaching staff with his camp performance. Notre Dame joins the likes of Pitt, Wisconsin, Boston College, Duke, Maryland, Penn State and many others.
Hun junior Fred Hansard, one of the nation’s most coveted defensive linemen in the 2017 recruiting class, was back home in Burlington Township Friday morning and said he plans to stay there for a while. The 6-foot-4, 310-pounder with an upside that is nearly has big as he is, had a whirlwind week with stops at Rutgers (last Thursday), Penn State (last Saturday) and Syracuse (Wednesday). Hansard picked up his 13th offer from head coach James Franklin and the Nittany Lions last Saturday.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017