Things are starting to wind down for St. Peter’s Prep senior KJ Gray. The touted wide receiver informed NJ.com on Tuesday evening that he has a top four of Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College and UConn. All four schools have offered the 6-2, 190-pounder. Gray took recent visits to Boston College, Duke and Virginia Tech and said Boston College was one of his favorite trips thus far throughout his recruitment.
The Jamal Murray Sweepstakes are over and Kentucky is the big winner. The 6-foot-5 Murray out of Orangeville Prep (Ontario) was down to two schools — Oregon and Kentucky — and made his announcement Wednesday night on Canada’s TSN. Murray has officially reclassified to 2015 and will be a Wildcat next season, joining a loaded backcourt that will include fellow point guards Tyler Ulis and Isaiah Briscoe.
Priority wide receiver target Brad Hawkins named Syracuse to his Top 10 on Wednesday evening. The Camden (N.J.) High School Class of 2016 prospect took an unofficial visit to SU with a group of teammates two weeks ago. Hawkins has offers from 28 total programs including Syracuse, South Carolina, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oregon, among others, according to 247Sports.com.
Fred Hansard is one of the most sought-after defensive tackles in the East in the 2017 class, and he had a busy weekend. The Princeton (N.J.) Hun School standout camped at Rutgers on Friday, visited and was offered by Penn State on Saturday, and is planing a trip to Miami in the coming weeks.
Mohamed Bamba is a tremendous long-term prospect. At the Elite 100, he was measured in at 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-8 wingspan and a 9-foot-5 standing reach. I think the average standing reach for NBA Draft picks is 9-foot-1 1/2. So he has tremendous reach and length and his length really affects the game.
- Can Syracuse still make the NCAA Tournament? - January 23, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 66, Notre Dame 84 - January 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 76, Boston College 53 - January 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 73, Virginia Tech 83 - January 10, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, Pittsburgh 66 - January 7, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 70, Miami 55 - January 4, 2017
- Kouwe: Syracuse basketball ‘will get better from here’ - January 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 81, Boston College 96 - January 1, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Cornell 56 - December 27, 2016
- Cornell Big Red — 2016-17 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - December 26, 2016