Things are starting to wind down for St. Peter’s Prep senior KJ Gray. The touted wide receiver informed NJ.com on Tuesday evening that he has a top four of Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College and UConn. All four schools have offered the 6-2, 190-pounder. Gray took recent visits to Boston College, Duke and Virginia Tech and said Boston College was one of his favorite trips thus far throughout his recruitment.
The Jamal Murray Sweepstakes are over and Kentucky is the big winner. The 6-foot-5 Murray out of Orangeville Prep (Ontario) was down to two schools — Oregon and Kentucky — and made his announcement Wednesday night on Canada’s TSN. Murray has officially reclassified to 2015 and will be a Wildcat next season, joining a loaded backcourt that will include fellow point guards Tyler Ulis and Isaiah Briscoe.
Priority wide receiver target Brad Hawkins named Syracuse to his Top 10 on Wednesday evening. The Camden (N.J.) High School Class of 2016 prospect took an unofficial visit to SU with a group of teammates two weeks ago. Hawkins has offers from 28 total programs including Syracuse, South Carolina, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oregon, among others, according to 247Sports.com.
Fred Hansard is one of the most sought-after defensive tackles in the East in the 2017 class, and he had a busy weekend. The Princeton (N.J.) Hun School standout camped at Rutgers on Friday, visited and was offered by Penn State on Saturday, and is planing a trip to Miami in the coming weeks.
Mohamed Bamba is a tremendous long-term prospect. At the Elite 100, he was measured in at 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-8 wingspan and a 9-foot-5 standing reach. I think the average standing reach for NBA Draft picks is 9-foot-1 1/2. So he has tremendous reach and length and his length really affects the game.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017