Things are starting to wind down for St. Peter’s Prep senior KJ Gray. The touted wide receiver informed NJ.com on Tuesday evening that he has a top four of Rutgers, Syracuse, Boston College and UConn. All four schools have offered the 6-2, 190-pounder. Gray took recent visits to Boston College, Duke and Virginia Tech and said Boston College was one of his favorite trips thus far throughout his recruitment.
The Jamal Murray Sweepstakes are over and Kentucky is the big winner. The 6-foot-5 Murray out of Orangeville Prep (Ontario) was down to two schools — Oregon and Kentucky — and made his announcement Wednesday night on Canada’s TSN. Murray has officially reclassified to 2015 and will be a Wildcat next season, joining a loaded backcourt that will include fellow point guards Tyler Ulis and Isaiah Briscoe.
Priority wide receiver target Brad Hawkins named Syracuse to his Top 10 on Wednesday evening. The Camden (N.J.) High School Class of 2016 prospect took an unofficial visit to SU with a group of teammates two weeks ago. Hawkins has offers from 28 total programs including Syracuse, South Carolina, Michigan, Notre Dame, Ohio State and Oregon, among others, according to 247Sports.com.
Fred Hansard is one of the most sought-after defensive tackles in the East in the 2017 class, and he had a busy weekend. The Princeton (N.J.) Hun School standout camped at Rutgers on Friday, visited and was offered by Penn State on Saturday, and is planing a trip to Miami in the coming weeks.
Mohamed Bamba is a tremendous long-term prospect. At the Elite 100, he was measured in at 6-foot-11 with a 7-foot-8 wingspan and a 9-foot-5 standing reach. I think the average standing reach for NBA Draft picks is 9-foot-1 1/2. So he has tremendous reach and length and his length really affects the game.
- Recruiting Roundup: Decision day for Hugh Davis, Syracuse re-offers Jo-El Shaw - May 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: 2018 running back Jawhar Jordan commits to Syracuse - May 25, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Marek Dolezaj to Syracuse, Meechi Harris narrows list to nine - May 24, 2017
- 2017 NBA Draft Profile: Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon - May 23, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse’s dream season ends with nightmare against Towson - May 22, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse to play Towson with trip to Final Four on the line - May 19, 2017
- Belbey: Boeheim’s Army has meant ‘a lot’ to Syracuse basketball alums - May 17, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse rides Evan Molloy past Yale and into NCAA quarterfinals - May 15, 2017
- Syracuse basketball recruit Jordan Tucker commits to Duke - May 13, 2017
- McAnaney: Yale a ‘tough draw’ for Syracuse lacrosse as a two-seeed - May 12, 2017