Following a weekend that reportedly saw five-star Michigan commit Tyus Battle reopen his recruitment by visiting Syracuse, the 2016 New Jersey guard’s standing with U-M remains unknown. Contacted by MLive Monday morning, Battle’s father, Gary, declined to comment. “Ty and I are not making any comments until we figure things out,” Gary Battle wrote in a text message.
On Monday afternoon, Frank Darby, the 6-1, 185-pounder announced on his twitter page that he has given his verbal commitment to the Iowa Hawkeyes. The newest Hawkeye commit chose Iowa over offers from Pitt, Syracuse, Buffalo, Towson, UMass, Old Dominion, New Hampshire, Liberty, Georgia State, Delaware and Delaware State.
One player who is under high consideration for an offer in the 2017 crop is Wexford (PA) North Allegheny OT Joshua Lugg, who camped at Ohio State back on June 13, and also spent time touring campus and checking out the football facilities during his stay. The 6-foot-6, 288-pound Lugg currently holds offers from Pittsburgh, Wisconsin, Boston College, Duke, Maryland, Michigan State, Penn State, Syracuse, Tennessee, UCLA, Virginia Tech, and West Virginia. He currently says he has no leaders or schools standing out at this time.
Rashawn Battle had a good feeling about Rutgers University from the very first day coaches from the program reached out and began the recruiting process. After attending a football skills camp Saturday, the Wallenpaupack senior linebacker and running back made a commitment to attend the school and continue his athletic and academic careers. Rivals.com rated Battle as a three-star player and the No. 22 recruit in the state, and he had received scholarship offers from Boston College, Colorado State, Indiana, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Temple.
Trevon Duval has been rated as one of the top players in the Class of 2017 for quite some time, and his performance at this past weekend’s NBPA Top 100 Camp only strengthened the argument in his favor. The Delaware native helped lead his team to the camp championship, building on what was a very good spring playing for the We R1 grassroots program.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017