Canadian point guard Jamal Murray is reclassifying to 2015 and will announce his college choice this week, a source close to the situation confirmed to SNY.tv. The source said the 6-foot-5 Murray out of Orangeville Prep (Ontario) is “definitely” down to two schools — Oregon and Kentucky. Oregon forward Elgin Cook Tweeted that Murray was Oregon’s “newest commit,” although it is unclear what Cook based that Tweet on.
Palmyra (N.J.) junior wide receiver Kelvin Harmon, a 6-2, 195-pounder, released his Top 6 list of schools Wednesday via Twitter, of which Rutgers was included. Meanwhile, South Carolina, North Carolina, N.C. State, Temple and West Virginia round out the list.
Alterique Gilbert has narrowed his list of potential colleges down to five, and there’s a sense in the recruiting community that the Georgia native is leaning toward signing with Connecticut. But the highly rated Class of 2016 guard told reporters at the NBPA Top 100 Camp in Charlottesville, Va., that “all five of my schools are at the same level,” including Louisville, which offered him a scholarship in April. Gilbert, who is also considering Illinois, Syracuse and Texas, hinted at a potential official visit to U of L’s campus in August.
Matthew Moyer is taking advantage of every opportunity. The four-star power forward is participating in the NBPA Top 100 camp and is taking this time to better his game before he starts his college basketball career at Syracuse. The Orange pledge described Cuse as a “a special place” with a coaching staff that truly “cares” for the players, and he hopes to spread that message to many of Syracuse’s top targets attending the camp in Charlottesville, and most importantly to a big 2016 target, Tyus Battle.
Springfield (Ill.) Sacred Heart Griffin 2016 tight end Albert Okwuegbunam had a great trip to Michigan State on Thursday. The nation’s No. 25 tight end according to 247Sports left East Lansing with an offer. “It was great,” Okwuegbunam said of the visit. Other offers for Okwuegbunam include Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Minnesota, Missouri and Syracuse. Michigan State will be strongly considered moving forward.
- Syracuse 31, Connecticut 24 — What we learned - September 26, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 defensive end Jonathan Kingsley commits to Syracuse - September 26, 2016
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016