Jordan Tucker and his family have heard from a ton of schools since colleges could begin calling members of the Class of 2017 on June 15. Tucker has heard from Syracuse, Kansas, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Cal, UConn, Villanova, St. John’s, N.C. State, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan, Miami, Alabama and Oregon, his father told SNY.tv. All have offered except Kansas, N.C. State, Cal and Michigan.
When all is said and done, Mohamed Bamba will probably be able to attend any college in America he wishes. For free. At 6-foot-11 and 205 pounds, the Harlem native can handle the ball, stroke the 3-pointer and thrill crowds with rim-rattling dunks. He will be on display this week at the NBPA Top 100 Camp at the University of Virginia.
Good luck finding a more versatile floor general anywhere in the country, regardless of class. Kobi Jordan-Simmons dominated the uber-prestigious adidas Gauntlet this AAU season, pumping in 16.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and three assists per game for a loaded Atlanta Celtics squad. He recently helped the U.S. Select team finish undefeated at the adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, Italy and he led Saint Francis to a state title as a sophomore, pumping in 17.4 points and five assists per game.
Class of 2017 point guard Malik Zachery will transfer to New Jersey powerhouse St. Benedict’s Prep for his final two high school seasons, he told USA TODAY High School Sports this morning. Zachery spent his first two years at Nottingham (Syracuse, N.Y.). Zachery visited the school in May but just recently made the decision to transfer. St. Benedict’s alums include current NBA players Tyler Ennis, J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson, as well as University of Kentucky-bound Isaiah Briscoe.
Nolan DeFranco thoroughly enjoyed his visit and participation in North Carolina’s football camp this past weekend. He came back and discussed a future in Carolina blue with his parents and West Orange head coach Bob Head and all parties agreed UNC was the place to be for DeFranco. The 6-foot-6, 225-pound West Orange defensive end committed to Carolina defensive line coach Tray Scott on Tuesday evening.
- Connecticut Huskies — 2016 Syracuse football scouting report - September 23, 2016
- Even Syracuse football’s best coaches needed time - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse makes Mohamed Bamba’s final seven - September 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse coach Gerry McNamara visits Hamidou Diallo - September 20, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse offers 2018 QB Devin Leary - September 19, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 20, South Florida 45 - September 17, 2016
- Before Syracuse, Babers’ teams at Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green were routed, too - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse and Kentucky working hardest for Quade Green - September 16, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Brandon Randolph includes Syracuse in final four - September 13, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 28, Louisville 62 - September 9, 2016