Jordan Tucker and his family have heard from a ton of schools since colleges could begin calling members of the Class of 2017 on June 15. Tucker has heard from Syracuse, Kansas, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Cal, UConn, Villanova, St. John’s, N.C. State, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan, Miami, Alabama and Oregon, his father told SNY.tv. All have offered except Kansas, N.C. State, Cal and Michigan.
When all is said and done, Mohamed Bamba will probably be able to attend any college in America he wishes. For free. At 6-foot-11 and 205 pounds, the Harlem native can handle the ball, stroke the 3-pointer and thrill crowds with rim-rattling dunks. He will be on display this week at the NBPA Top 100 Camp at the University of Virginia.
Good luck finding a more versatile floor general anywhere in the country, regardless of class. Kobi Jordan-Simmons dominated the uber-prestigious adidas Gauntlet this AAU season, pumping in 16.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and three assists per game for a loaded Atlanta Celtics squad. He recently helped the U.S. Select team finish undefeated at the adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, Italy and he led Saint Francis to a state title as a sophomore, pumping in 17.4 points and five assists per game.
Class of 2017 point guard Malik Zachery will transfer to New Jersey powerhouse St. Benedict’s Prep for his final two high school seasons, he told USA TODAY High School Sports this morning. Zachery spent his first two years at Nottingham (Syracuse, N.Y.). Zachery visited the school in May but just recently made the decision to transfer. St. Benedict’s alums include current NBA players Tyler Ennis, J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson, as well as University of Kentucky-bound Isaiah Briscoe.
Nolan DeFranco thoroughly enjoyed his visit and participation in North Carolina’s football camp this past weekend. He came back and discussed a future in Carolina blue with his parents and West Orange head coach Bob Head and all parties agreed UNC was the place to be for DeFranco. The 6-foot-6, 225-pound West Orange defensive end committed to Carolina defensive line coach Tray Scott on Tuesday evening.
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016