Jordan Tucker and his family have heard from a ton of schools since colleges could begin calling members of the Class of 2017 on June 15. Tucker has heard from Syracuse, Kansas, Arizona State, Oklahoma, Cal, UConn, Villanova, St. John’s, N.C. State, Maryland, Indiana, Michigan, Miami, Alabama and Oregon, his father told SNY.tv. All have offered except Kansas, N.C. State, Cal and Michigan.
When all is said and done, Mohamed Bamba will probably be able to attend any college in America he wishes. For free. At 6-foot-11 and 205 pounds, the Harlem native can handle the ball, stroke the 3-pointer and thrill crowds with rim-rattling dunks. He will be on display this week at the NBPA Top 100 Camp at the University of Virginia.
Good luck finding a more versatile floor general anywhere in the country, regardless of class. Kobi Jordan-Simmons dominated the uber-prestigious adidas Gauntlet this AAU season, pumping in 16.1 points, 3.3 rebounds and three assists per game for a loaded Atlanta Celtics squad. He recently helped the U.S. Select team finish undefeated at the adidas Eurocamp in Treviso, Italy and he led Saint Francis to a state title as a sophomore, pumping in 17.4 points and five assists per game.
Class of 2017 point guard Malik Zachery will transfer to New Jersey powerhouse St. Benedict’s Prep for his final two high school seasons, he told USA TODAY High School Sports this morning. Zachery spent his first two years at Nottingham (Syracuse, N.Y.). Zachery visited the school in May but just recently made the decision to transfer. St. Benedict’s alums include current NBA players Tyler Ennis, J.R. Smith and Tristan Thompson, as well as University of Kentucky-bound Isaiah Briscoe.
Nolan DeFranco thoroughly enjoyed his visit and participation in North Carolina’s football camp this past weekend. He came back and discussed a future in Carolina blue with his parents and West Orange head coach Bob Head and all parties agreed UNC was the place to be for DeFranco. The 6-foot-6, 225-pound West Orange defensive end committed to Carolina defensive line coach Tray Scott on Tuesday evening.
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017