Michael Porter Jr. is the No. 2 player in the class of 2017, according to Rivals, so it should come as no surprise that he’s as highly-sought after as any player in the country. On Sunday night, during the Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Porter tweeted out that he had cut his college list, something that is fairly common in this day and age. The difference with Porter? He cut his list to 17 schools.
Kentucky and Missouri are the latest schools to offer 6-foot-11 2017 Mohamed Bamba. Bamba, who has a 7-foot-8 wingspan and a 9-foot-5 standing reach according to Evan Daniels of Scout, also holds offers from St. John’s, Indiana, Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, Texas, Villanova, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Penn State, Temple, Seton Hall, James Madison and Yale.
The U.S. almost certainly will field the youngest team it ever has for the U-19 Worlds in Greece starting June 27. This might be a bit disconcerting for the tournament in question, but an American basketball future that includes Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Josh Jackson and Terrance Ferguson is very exciting indeed. Giles is a 6-10 forward who may be the brightest prospect in American basketball in nearly a decade given his extraordinary command of the game, exceptional athleticism and desire to compete.
It’s been a busy last 10 days for St. Peter’s Prep wide receiver Kolton Huber. On Saturday, June 7, the senior tripped to Boston College to participate in a team camp. While in Boston, he also had the chance to check out the campus. Huber, who currently holds offers from Syracuse, Kansas, UConn and Buffalo, is still waiting on Boston College to pull the trigger and give him a scholarship.
Indiana and N.C. State are the latest schools to offer 2017 combo guard Hamidou Diallo of the New York Jayhawks and Woodstock (Conn.) Academy, coach Jay David told SNY.tv. Once schools who reached out to the the 6-foot-5 guard on June 15 included: St. John’s, Seton Hall, Maryland, Minnesota, Louisville, UConn, Providence, Miami, Maryland and LSU.
Syracuse landed their second commitment in less than 24 hours on Saturday when Tampa (Fla.) Plant defensive back Scoop Bradshaw pulled the trigger. CuseNation.com spoke with Florida Recruiting Analyst Corey Bradshaw to find out what the Orange is getting.
Palmyra class of 2016 standout Kelvin Harmon is now up to 11 offers, with the South Carolina Gamecocks sending a scholarship his way on Friday night. The 6-3, 190-pounders holds offers from South Carolina, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Syracuse, Rutgers and six others.
Shepherd Hill (Mass.) High School junior tight end Sean McKeon committed to Michigan during his visit, picking the Wolverines over a list of suitors he previously narrowed to Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh and Virginia. He recently picked up a 19th scholarship offer, this one coming from Virginia Tech.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 72, Toledo 64 - November 22, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 74, Oakland 50 - November 20, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 80, Texas Southern 67 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 10, Louisville 56 - November 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Iona 62 - November 14, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 43, Wake Forest 64 - November 11, 2017
- Cornell Big Red — 2017-18 Syracuse scouting report with Ivy Hoops Online - November 10, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern Connecticut State - November 6, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 24, Florida State 27 - November 4, 2017
- Syracuse basketball: Three things to look for against Southern New Hampshire - October 30, 2017