Michael Porter Jr. is the No. 2 player in the class of 2017, according to Rivals, so it should come as no surprise that he’s as highly-sought after as any player in the country. On Sunday night, during the Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Porter tweeted out that he had cut his college list, something that is fairly common in this day and age. The difference with Porter? He cut his list to 17 schools.
Kentucky and Missouri are the latest schools to offer 6-foot-11 2017 Mohamed Bamba. Bamba, who has a 7-foot-8 wingspan and a 9-foot-5 standing reach according to Evan Daniels of Scout, also holds offers from St. John’s, Indiana, Kansas, Syracuse, Arizona, UConn, Texas, Villanova, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Maryland, Penn State, Temple, Seton Hall, James Madison and Yale.
The U.S. almost certainly will field the youngest team it ever has for the U-19 Worlds in Greece starting June 27. This might be a bit disconcerting for the tournament in question, but an American basketball future that includes Harry Giles, Jayson Tatum, Josh Jackson and Terrance Ferguson is very exciting indeed. Giles is a 6-10 forward who may be the brightest prospect in American basketball in nearly a decade given his extraordinary command of the game, exceptional athleticism and desire to compete.
It’s been a busy last 10 days for St. Peter’s Prep wide receiver Kolton Huber. On Saturday, June 7, the senior tripped to Boston College to participate in a team camp. While in Boston, he also had the chance to check out the campus. Huber, who currently holds offers from Syracuse, Kansas, UConn and Buffalo, is still waiting on Boston College to pull the trigger and give him a scholarship.
Indiana and N.C. State are the latest schools to offer 2017 combo guard Hamidou Diallo of the New York Jayhawks and Woodstock (Conn.) Academy, coach Jay David told SNY.tv. Once schools who reached out to the the 6-foot-5 guard on June 15 included: St. John’s, Seton Hall, Maryland, Minnesota, Louisville, UConn, Providence, Miami, Maryland and LSU.
Syracuse landed their second commitment in less than 24 hours on Saturday when Tampa (Fla.) Plant defensive back Scoop Bradshaw pulled the trigger. CuseNation.com spoke with Florida Recruiting Analyst Corey Bradshaw to find out what the Orange is getting.
Palmyra class of 2016 standout Kelvin Harmon is now up to 11 offers, with the South Carolina Gamecocks sending a scholarship his way on Friday night. The 6-3, 190-pounders holds offers from South Carolina, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Syracuse, Rutgers and six others.
Shepherd Hill (Mass.) High School junior tight end Sean McKeon committed to Michigan during his visit, picking the Wolverines over a list of suitors he previously narrowed to Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh and Virginia. He recently picked up a 19th scholarship offer, this one coming from Virginia Tech.
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forwards Tyler Lydon, Andrew White with NBA scout - June 9, 2017
- Central Connecticut State Blue Devils — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 7, 2017