Throughout 2015 football recruiting in New Jersey, there was arguably no player more committed to his school than Dontae Strickland was to Syracuse. However, it turned out the 6-0, 185-pounder still needed to some work to get done in the classroom to make his goals and aspirations of donning an Orange uniform a reality. On Thursday evening, though, Strickland provided Syracuse and New Jersey football fans with some big news, announcing on his Instagram page that he has fully qualified and will suit up for the Orange this upcoming season.
Poly Prep (NY) is a school that should sound to familiar to Rutgers fans as it is the home to class of 2015 preferred walk-on WR Chris Parker. The Scarlet Knights’ staff has been back at the school over the past few months after extending an offer to class of 2016 standout linebacker Elias Reynolds. The 6’3’’ 230 pound outside linebacker currently claims 8 scholarship offers from various schools including Buffalo, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Wake Forest.
Top247 junior offensive tackle Josh Ball of Stafford Senior High School in Fredericksburg, Va., posted on his Twitter account Tuesday that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee. It was the third SEC offer in less than a week for the 6-foot-7, 315-pound Ball, who added offers from Arkansas last week and Auburn on Monday. He claims offers from more than 25 teams, including Florida State, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Miami and Wisconsin.
On Thursday, Kentucky offered Rochester (N.Y.) The Peddie School offensive tackle Noah DeHond (6-foot-7, 317) and Princeton (N.J.) Hun School defensive tackle Fred Hansard (6-foot-4, 210) – both members of the 2017 recruiting class. For each, it was their first offers from the SEC. The area has been recruited by outside linebackers coach Andy Buh since he joined the coaching staff earlier this year.
- Scoop Bradshaw — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 26, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: NJ wide receiver Taj Harris commits to Syracuse - June 26, 2017
- Breaking down Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon’s selection by the Denver Nuggets - June 23, 2017
- Former Syracuse forward Tyler Lydon selected by Denver Nuggets in NBA Draft - June 22, 2017
- Central Michigan Chippewas — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 22, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse receives commitment from OL Will Froumy - June 21, 2017
- Recruiting Roundup: Cole Swider to visit Syracuse, Anthony Queeley commits - June 19, 2017
- Antwan Cordy — Meet the 2017 Syracuse Football team - June 14, 2017
- Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders — 2017 Syracuse Football preview - June 12, 2017
- Weekend Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands USF transfer Geno Thorpe - June 12, 2017