Throughout 2015 football recruiting in New Jersey, there was arguably no player more committed to his school than Dontae Strickland was to Syracuse. However, it turned out the 6-0, 185-pounder still needed to some work to get done in the classroom to make his goals and aspirations of donning an Orange uniform a reality. On Thursday evening, though, Strickland provided Syracuse and New Jersey football fans with some big news, announcing on his Instagram page that he has fully qualified and will suit up for the Orange this upcoming season.
Poly Prep (NY) is a school that should sound to familiar to Rutgers fans as it is the home to class of 2015 preferred walk-on WR Chris Parker. The Scarlet Knights’ staff has been back at the school over the past few months after extending an offer to class of 2016 standout linebacker Elias Reynolds. The 6’3’’ 230 pound outside linebacker currently claims 8 scholarship offers from various schools including Buffalo, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Wake Forest.
Top247 junior offensive tackle Josh Ball of Stafford Senior High School in Fredericksburg, Va., posted on his Twitter account Tuesday that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee. It was the third SEC offer in less than a week for the 6-foot-7, 315-pound Ball, who added offers from Arkansas last week and Auburn on Monday. He claims offers from more than 25 teams, including Florida State, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Miami and Wisconsin.
On Thursday, Kentucky offered Rochester (N.Y.) The Peddie School offensive tackle Noah DeHond (6-foot-7, 317) and Princeton (N.J.) Hun School defensive tackle Fred Hansard (6-foot-4, 210) – both members of the 2017 recruiting class. For each, it was their first offers from the SEC. The area has been recruited by outside linebackers coach Andy Buh since he joined the coaching staff earlier this year.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017