As of Monday night, Canadian point guard Jamal Murray of Orangeville Prep (Ontario) is on an official visit to Kentucky, his father told SNY.tv. Kentucky and Oregon are among the schools working hard to land Murray. “We’re taking a couple visits, I’m not sure the date yet or exactly how we’re going to do it but we’ll be taking some visits for sure,” Roger Murray recently told SNY.tv.
Syracuse is in the hunt for one of the top Class of 2016 linebackers from Pennsylvania. Wallenpaupack (Hawley, Pa.) Area High School junior Rashawn Battle released his top five (or six) schools on Sunday, and the Orange made the cut. The 6-foot-3, 200-pound Battle has only single-digit offers but is being pursued by SU’s peer schools in Pitt and BC.
According to Grand Street (Brooklyn, N.Y.) head coach Bruce Eugene, Taysir Mack, the 6-2, 170-pound junior wide receiver, could make his collegiate announcement on June 5 at the Rutgers’ Knight Skills Camp, or maybe even sooner. A three-star wide receiver, Mack was offered by Rutgers in the summer of 2014 at their 7-on-7 passing camp, while he also holds offers from UConn and Syracuse.
Rome (Ga.) Darlington School offensive tackle Patrick Kearns (6-foot-5.5, 270) only has a rating of 82 by 247Sports and is considered the nation’s No. 97 offensive tackle. However, he has seen his interest rise above his rankings. On Monday, Kearns added an offer from Kentucky and secondary coach Derrick Ansley.
Trevon Duval is emerging as one of the best players in the Class of 2017. This spring in the Under Armour Association, Duval is one of the premier players, as he’s putting up some big numbers for We R1. The New Jersey native is currently regarded as the No. 10 overall player in the 2017 class, according to Rivals.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017