After returning from his official visit to Michigan Saturday night, Tyus Battle was all set to commit. His father told him to sleep on it, and when he woke up on Sunday Battle still felt the same way. The Wolverines beat out a Who’s Who of other big-time programs for the 6-foot-6, 200-pound Battle, including Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Louisville and Ohio State.
Alterique Gilbert recently took an official visit to Connecticut and said that he connected with Kevin Ollie’s message of hard work overcoming adversity. However, Gilbert said that he’s not quite ready to make a decision and he wants to be sure that he sees his other four finalists Louisville, Illinois, Syracuse and Texas.
Already a top Syracuse target and tabbed as one of the top senior performers at The Opening Charlotte Regional on Saturday, three-star defensive tackle Christian Colon was selected as a “Final Five” defensive lineman by the Student Sports staff. Syracuse is the latest to court the rising-senior and he has connections to the Orange’s most recent and well known commitment Robert Washington.
K.J. Gray, one of New Jersey’s top wide receivers, attended Pylon’s 7-on-7 this past Saturday, and was one of the camp’s top performers. The 6-1, 190-pound St. Peter’s Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) standout provided NJ.com an update on his overall recruitment, including where Rutgers stands.
North Carolina native and five-star forward Harry Giles arrived in Houston on Saturday morning looking to make his case for the No. 1 spot in the Class of 2016 national rankings. After missing Friday night’s Team CP3 game because of a test he had to take at school, Giles made his presence felt in a huge way in two games on Saturday.
Episcopal (Alexandria, Va.) defensive back Patrice Rene, a four-star junior, has a plethora of offers, but could his recruitment come down to Rutgers and Ohio State? “I think that’s a good possibility,” Rene, the 6-1, 180-pounder told NJ Advance Media. “I like both schools a lot but I’m also looking at Virginia Tech and North Carolina and other schools. But those two schools are still schools that recruited me early.
- Waters: 2017-18 Syracuse basketball has path to NCAA Tournament bid - October 18, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 27, Clemson 24 - October 13, 2017
- Experience with Syracuse basketball’s zone can be indicator of defensive efficiency - October 11, 2017
- 2017-18 Syracuse basketball: Best and worst case scenarios - October 5, 2017
- Does experience necessarily translate into wins for Syracuse basketball? - October 4, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 25, NC State 33 - September 30, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 26, LSU 35 - September 23, 2017
- Does Syracuse football have a puncher’s chance against LSU? - September 22, 2017
- What will Syracuse basketball’s starting lineup look like in 2017-18? - September 21, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 23, Middle Tennessee 30 - September 9, 2017