After returning from his official visit to Michigan Saturday night, Tyus Battle was all set to commit. His father told him to sleep on it, and when he woke up on Sunday Battle still felt the same way. The Wolverines beat out a Who’s Who of other big-time programs for the 6-foot-6, 200-pound Battle, including Duke, Syracuse, Kentucky, Louisville and Ohio State.
Alterique Gilbert recently took an official visit to Connecticut and said that he connected with Kevin Ollie’s message of hard work overcoming adversity. However, Gilbert said that he’s not quite ready to make a decision and he wants to be sure that he sees his other four finalists Louisville, Illinois, Syracuse and Texas.
Already a top Syracuse target and tabbed as one of the top senior performers at The Opening Charlotte Regional on Saturday, three-star defensive tackle Christian Colon was selected as a “Final Five” defensive lineman by the Student Sports staff. Syracuse is the latest to court the rising-senior and he has connections to the Orange’s most recent and well known commitment Robert Washington.
K.J. Gray, one of New Jersey’s top wide receivers, attended Pylon’s 7-on-7 this past Saturday, and was one of the camp’s top performers. The 6-1, 190-pound St. Peter’s Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) standout provided NJ.com an update on his overall recruitment, including where Rutgers stands.
North Carolina native and five-star forward Harry Giles arrived in Houston on Saturday morning looking to make his case for the No. 1 spot in the Class of 2016 national rankings. After missing Friday night’s Team CP3 game because of a test he had to take at school, Giles made his presence felt in a huge way in two games on Saturday.
Episcopal (Alexandria, Va.) defensive back Patrice Rene, a four-star junior, has a plethora of offers, but could his recruitment come down to Rutgers and Ohio State? “I think that’s a good possibility,” Rene, the 6-1, 180-pounder told NJ Advance Media. “I like both schools a lot but I’m also looking at Virginia Tech and North Carolina and other schools. But those two schools are still schools that recruited me early.
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: 2017 Syracuse target Bourama Sidibe to announce Monday - November 16, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Holy Cross 46 - November 15, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Oshae Brissett commits as Quade Green visits - November 14, 2016