Alterique Gilbert, a 6-foot 2016 point guard from Lithonia (GA) Miller Grove, has cut his list to five schools, according to Scout.com. Gilbert is down to UConn, Illinois, Syracuse, Texas, and Louisville. “I’m definitely going to visit Louisville and Syracuse,” he told Scout. “The others I’m talking over with my mom to make sure it’s the right decision for me.”
Anthony Brown added a recent offer from Virginia Tech, but it may not matter. At this point, it appears to be a battle between Syracuse and Boston College, and he could make a decision in the next week. Adding intrigue is Boston College just offered Fort Wayne (Ind.) Carroll quarterback Aidan Smith. But even if he commits to Syracuse or Boston College, he told Scout a trip to Virginia Tech could still happen.
The National Champions came knocking at Fred Hansard‘s door Wednesday. The 6-foot-4, 290-pound defensive tackle — the top-ranked sophomore in the NJ.com Top 50 — received an offer from Ohio State. “Yeah, it’s a big one,” Hansard admitted. The Ohio State offer was the sixth for Hansard. Rutgers, Temple, North Carolina, Syracuse and Miami have made previous offers. Hansard visited Rutgers in April. Hansard said he is interested in forensic science and sports broadcasting.
The Marist men’s lacrosse team won its first NCAA Tournament game in program history on Wednesday evening. Playing before a record crowd of 1,873 at Tenney Stadium, the Red Foxes defeated Bryant 10-6 in an NCAA First Four game. The Red Foxes will now face second-seeded Syracuse on Sunday night at 7:30. The contest will take place at the Carrier Dome.
Oregon has landed Villanova transfer Dylan Ennis. The 6-foot-2 Ennis also considered Baylor and Illinois. He visited all three schools last week. “I think Oregon was leading a little bit and today [I decided],” he said by phone. “I felt concretely that that’s where I want to be.
- Coleman’s recent uptick could be Syracuse’s best since Christmas - December 7, 2016
- After loss to UConn, Syracuse’s Lydon vows to be more aggressive - December 6, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 50, Connecticut 52 - December 5, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 77, North Florida 71 - December 3, 2016
- Two early season losses could be bad harbinger for Syracuse basketball - December 1, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 61, Pittsburgh 76 - November 26, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 101, South Carolina State 59 - November 22, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Syracuse lands commitment from Bourama Sidibe - November 22, 2016
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 71, Monmouth 50 - November 18, 2016
- Recruiting Roundup: Quade Green between Syracuse, Kentucky; Lonnie Walker to Miami - November 17, 2016