Alterique Gilbert, a 6-foot 2016 point guard from Lithonia (GA) Miller Grove, has cut his list to five schools, according to Scout.com. Gilbert is down to UConn, Illinois, Syracuse, Texas, and Louisville. “I’m definitely going to visit Louisville and Syracuse,” he told Scout. “The others I’m talking over with my mom to make sure it’s the right decision for me.”
Anthony Brown added a recent offer from Virginia Tech, but it may not matter. At this point, it appears to be a battle between Syracuse and Boston College, and he could make a decision in the next week. Adding intrigue is Boston College just offered Fort Wayne (Ind.) Carroll quarterback Aidan Smith. But even if he commits to Syracuse or Boston College, he told Scout a trip to Virginia Tech could still happen.
The National Champions came knocking at Fred Hansard‘s door Wednesday. The 6-foot-4, 290-pound defensive tackle — the top-ranked sophomore in the NJ.com Top 50 — received an offer from Ohio State. “Yeah, it’s a big one,” Hansard admitted. The Ohio State offer was the sixth for Hansard. Rutgers, Temple, North Carolina, Syracuse and Miami have made previous offers. Hansard visited Rutgers in April. Hansard said he is interested in forensic science and sports broadcasting.
The Marist men’s lacrosse team won its first NCAA Tournament game in program history on Wednesday evening. Playing before a record crowd of 1,873 at Tenney Stadium, the Red Foxes defeated Bryant 10-6 in an NCAA First Four game. The Red Foxes will now face second-seeded Syracuse on Sunday night at 7:30. The contest will take place at the Carrier Dome.
Oregon has landed Villanova transfer Dylan Ennis. The 6-foot-2 Ennis also considered Baylor and Illinois. He visited all three schools last week. “I think Oregon was leading a little bit and today [I decided],” he said by phone. “I felt concretely that that’s where I want to be.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017