Alterique Gilbert, a 6-foot 2016 point guard from Lithonia (GA) Miller Grove, has cut his list to five schools, according to Scout.com. Gilbert is down to UConn, Illinois, Syracuse, Texas, and Louisville. “I’m definitely going to visit Louisville and Syracuse,” he told Scout. “The others I’m talking over with my mom to make sure it’s the right decision for me.”
Anthony Brown added a recent offer from Virginia Tech, but it may not matter. At this point, it appears to be a battle between Syracuse and Boston College, and he could make a decision in the next week. Adding intrigue is Boston College just offered Fort Wayne (Ind.) Carroll quarterback Aidan Smith. But even if he commits to Syracuse or Boston College, he told Scout a trip to Virginia Tech could still happen.
The National Champions came knocking at Fred Hansard‘s door Wednesday. The 6-foot-4, 290-pound defensive tackle — the top-ranked sophomore in the NJ.com Top 50 — received an offer from Ohio State. “Yeah, it’s a big one,” Hansard admitted. The Ohio State offer was the sixth for Hansard. Rutgers, Temple, North Carolina, Syracuse and Miami have made previous offers. Hansard visited Rutgers in April. Hansard said he is interested in forensic science and sports broadcasting.
The Marist men’s lacrosse team won its first NCAA Tournament game in program history on Wednesday evening. Playing before a record crowd of 1,873 at Tenney Stadium, the Red Foxes defeated Bryant 10-6 in an NCAA First Four game. The Red Foxes will now face second-seeded Syracuse on Sunday night at 7:30. The contest will take place at the Carrier Dome.
Oregon has landed Villanova transfer Dylan Ennis. The 6-foot-2 Ennis also considered Baylor and Illinois. He visited all three schools last week. “I think Oregon was leading a little bit and today [I decided],” he said by phone. “I felt concretely that that’s where I want to be.
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017
- Instant Juice: Mike Hopkins to leave Syracuse, take over at Washington - March 19, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Chris Carlson on the NIT, 2017 basketball recruiting, Greensboro - March 17, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, UNC Greensboro 77 - March 15, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse basketball left out of NCAA Tournament - March 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse surges, sputters, then hangs on for win against St. John’s - March 12, 2017
- Jim Boeheim pleads case for Syracuse after ACC Tournament loss - March 9, 2017
- Syracuse coach says there’s ‘no value’ in playing ACC Tournament in Greensboro - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 57, Miami 62 - March 8, 2017
- Instant Juice: Syracuse 90, Georgia Tech 61 - March 4, 2017