V.J. King, a 6-foot-6 small forward from Fairfax (VA) Paul VI, has cut his list to five schools. King is down to Arizona, UConn, Virginia, Louisville and Kentucky. He will take an official visit to Louisville on May 19. Louisville assistant Kenny Johnson is a former assistant at Paul VI.
Mohamed Bamba, a 6-foot-11 2017 power forward from Norristown (PA) Westtown and the PSA Cardinals, has picked up offers from Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, Arizona State, Providence and West Virginia. The Harlem native previously had offers from Kansas, Arizona, Syracuse, UConn, Florida State, Texas, Maryland, Villanova, Seton Hall, Temple, James Madison, Penn State, Rice and Yale and others.
Kobi Simmons is ranked a top 20 player by all four major recruiting services, and it’s no surprise why. At the second session of Adidas Gauntlet, the athletic and long combo guard from Alpharetta (GA) St. Francis showcased his ability to both create for his teammates and score on all three levels. According to Rivals.com, Simmons holds offers from Arizona, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Marquette, Memphis, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, North Carolina State, Ohio State, Syracuse, Tennessee, Texas Tech, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia, and Wake Forest, among others.
Maryland continued its offer spree today with an offer to top-25 2017 small forward Jordan Tucker, which he announced earlier today via his twitter handle. After another viewing this past weekend in Lexington by Mark Turgeon and assistant coach Dustin Clark, the staff felt comfortable enough to officially extend an offer. The skilled wing also claims offers from Syracuse, Arizona, UConn and plenty more.
Elias Reynolds, a 6-3, 230-pound junior linebacker out of Poly Prep (Brooklyn, N.Y.), visited Rutgers skills camp last summer, and has seen his recruitment take off, ever since. So where does Rutgers stand amongst Reynolds’ other offers from UConn, Buffalo, Wake Forest, UMass, Pitt, Syracuse and Maryland — a school he hopes to visit in the near future?
Jersey City (N.J.) St. Peter’s Prep receiver K.J. Gray visited Rutgers for the spring game, and the Scarlet Knights’ staff was at his school Tuesday to continue the recruiting process. He also holds offers from Army, Boston College Connecticut and Syracuse, and he broke down his recruitment during The Opening NY/NJ regional.
There is another player starting to emerge on their roster and he is 2016 OL Johncarlo Valentin. Valentin is 6’5’’ 290 pound offensive guard who currently holds 6 offers from Buffalo, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Pittsburgh, Purdue, and Temple. That number looks like it could increase very soon, especially his dominant performance at the Nike Regionals in Florham Park, NJ this past Sunday earned him an invitation to the most exclusive of events – The Opening.
- McAnaney: Syracuse lacrosse a tough out because it is ‘battle tested’ - April 28, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse finds familiar result in one-goal win against Binghamton - April 22, 2017
- Syracuse stumbles out of the gate, but rallies to defeat North Carolina - April 16, 2017
- Mettus: Syracuse lacrosse ‘the team to beat’ right now - April 14, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse flexes its muscles, pushing past Cornell - April 12, 2017
- Syracuse lacrosse enjoys rare rout, easily dispatching Hobart - April 6, 2017
- 2016-17 Syracuse basketball report card - April 3, 2017
- An early look at the 2017-18 Syracuse basketball team - March 31, 2017
- Syracuse podcast: Andrew Kouwe on Hopkins leaving, Boeheim staying, next coach - March 24, 2017
- For Syracuse, another one-goal win against Johns Hopkins comes as no surprise - March 19, 2017